Birth announcements & half siblings

Babushka

Reaction score
I am thinking of this....

We welcome with love our beautiful & perfect daughter, XX born on XXX. A sister for XXX.

I'm not 100% sure about including the sister as she is my partner's almost adult daughter, doesn't spend much time with us anymore & basically isn't showing any interest in the pregnancy which makes me think that she won't be interested in her younger sibling either. But then I think it would be nice to include her as well.

What do you think? I am open to suggestions & criticisms.

I think it sounds nice... If she's nearly adult I wouldn't bother but that's just me...

My step children are little and I would include them if we were doing a birth announcement but that's because they're here all the time and the baby is going to be more of a sibling as they're closer in age

I, personally, would make the birth announcement all about baby. Everyone else has had their 'time to shine' per-say. But that's just me

What about aunts/ grandparents etc. they might get offended if not included. I would not include anyone but the baby in the announcement.

If she's the only sister, i would just leave her out to be safe?

I would make the baby announcement all about the baby like a pp said.

Yeah, I would leave her out. Or mention the whole family instead, like "We are proud to welcome to our family baby xxx, born on xxx"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->