Birth certificate and maintence money

khartnett

Reaction score
Hi girls, does your ex partner have to be with you to register the birth if i want the name on the birth cert (i only want to do this for maintence reasons etc)

How was your weekends anyway?

Kasey xx

Hello Kasey, if you want babies dad on the birth certificate then he does have to be there at the time of registering hun. x

I dont really want him on it, but will it cause problems trying to get maintence if it is not on there? x

If you want maintainence then you will need to have his name down chick, otherwise he could just turn around and say he not the father and things will just get complicated, I would think x

Thats gonna be a problem i finished with him coz he was getting voilent and threatening to black both my eyes etc, i'll just have to do it the long winded way i dont want him no where near me or the baby. So how do i get the ball rolling just contact CSA when baba is born? x

I'm undecided whether to put my ex on the birth certificate, but either way he won't be able to go until a later date anyway because he'll be away for the first 4 months of their life.

As for the CSA it can take up to 26 weeks to sort out and I don't think you even need to wait until the baby is born actually. I could be wrong, but it's worth looking into. I need to do it myself actually.

This might help https://www.csa.gov.uk/

Hey hunni

As the others have said he does need to be present if you want him on the birth certificate BUT you can still get maintanance from him if he isn't named on the birth certificate as the dad. It may take longer to process but you get back paid!!

I recieved an email from the CSA a while ago confirming this. I posted it in a thread in this section somewhere so i'll have a look for the link for you so you can check it out :)

Also please remember that if you put him on the birth certificate he gets equal parental rights so thats something you may want to consider if he's violent

You can apply through the CSA as soon as bubs is born. You need to try & give as much info on your ex as possible - full name, address, work address, income, national insurance number. The more info you provide the quicker they can act :)

:hug:

https://www.babyandbump.com/single-parents/36081-maintenance-2.html

Here you go girlies!! Go to this link & you'll find an email I recieved from the CSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->