Birth Certificate question

june09

Mummy to Mia
Reaction score
Hmmm ok so I am expecting my first baby in June, and the babys dad doesn't want to be involved in any way. Does his name have to be on the birth certificate or is it still the situation where the father has to be present when you register the birth if you want the name on the certificate? I am confused as I seen somewhere that the law was changing so that the fathers name has to be on the certificate unless the mother can prove they dont know the father or other certain situations. So just wondered if anyone could help with this, as I am so confused as to if its a choice for his name to be on or not :s

Also sorry if i posted this in the wrong place!

You do not have to put his name on the birth certificate. If he wants it he will have to fight to put it on their and that takes a long process.

Also if you do not put him on the certificate you cannot collect child support.

:hug:

The father is not on my sons birth certificate and I still claim child support..

For the fathers name to be on the birth certificate i believe they have to sign so you cant put his name without him being there. So its upto him if he wants his name on there or not...

yeh he has to be there to sign it now, new laws, but wether hes there or not u will still get ur benifits hun xx

Hmmm ok so I am expecting my first baby in June, and the babys dad doesn't want to be involved in any way. Does his name have to be on the birth certificate or is it still the situation where the father has to be present when you register the birth if you want the name on the certificate? I am confused as I seen somewhere that the law was changing so that the fathers name has to be on the certificate unless the mother can prove they dont know the father or other certain situations. So just wondered if anyone could help with this, as I am so confused as to if its a choice for his name to be on or not :s
He has to be there unless your married! I read things may be changing though - if you ring the local births deaths marriages they will be able to answer your question more accurately x

Beats me how any human can NOT want to be 'involved'! Ok to have the night of passion though huh!

Shame too because that empty spot is a bit sad (on the certificate) x

yeh it is wobbs, totally agree with u there x

Thanks for the help everyone, and well i guess he wont be on it then seen as he's made it pretty much impossible for me to even find a way to contact him now. Was happy to spend a year with me until he found out I was pregnant and well then I find out just how much of a lying cheat he really is and then he goes and just when i think he wouldn't get any worse he completely disappears. His loss, he's the one missing out on this amazing thing. Just have to enjoy it on my own and make sure the baby has all the love it needs.

Ok so let me get this straight when you go and register the baby both parents have to be there to be put on cert, if father doesnt want to be put on he cannot be because he has to sign for things?!
Sorry just looked online at this https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Govern...glifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/index.htm and it doesnt claify whether he has to be there or not! so confusing! xxx

I had also read that, but also read somewhere else that unless your married then the father has to be there when registering the birth or give some kind of permission for his name to be included. Then there was a thing about the law changing so that the fathers name had to be on the certificate, so it was all so confusing but from what i have been told by many people it seems that at the moment the father has to be present while registering the birth for their name to be included, unless your married to them.

Ok so let me get this straight when you go and register the baby both parents have to be there to be put on cert, if father doesnt want to be put on he cannot be because he has to sign for things?!
Sorry just looked online at this https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Govern...glifeevents/Birthandadoptionrecords/index.htm and it doesnt claify whether he has to be there or not! so confusing! xxx

Looking at this link you just posted, i went on and had a good read and it does say this ....

Who can register the birth?

If parents are married at time of birth or conception, either the mother or father can register the birth on their own.

If they aren’t married, to ensure both parents’ details are included on the birth certificate, there are several options:

* both parents can go and sign the birth register together
* if one parent cannot go to the register office, they will need to complete the statutory declaration form - the parent registering the birth should give the completed form to the registrar
* where there is a parental responsibility agreement in force or either parent has an appropriate court order, this can be presented at the time of registration

If the father's details are not included in the birth register, it may be possible to re-register at a later date.

So yeah does look like they have to be there or signed to give permission for their name to be included. Which will mean then that the fathers name will not be able to be included on mine coz theres no way he will give permission or be there.

He has to be there unless your married! I read things may be changing though - if you ring the local births deaths marriages they will be able to answer your question more accurately x

Beats me how any human can NOT want to be 'involved'! Ok to have the night of passion though huh!

Shame too because that empty spot is a bit sad (on the certificate) x

Totally agree x

Well im gonna try and talk mine into having his name on ours because its not fair for him to be on his other childs and not this one, i no he doesnt wanna be part of the child life but thats part of the child belonging to his mother and fathers name xxx

Yeah i totally understand that, I was hoping it was possible to put the fathers name on without them being there or giving permission. I want his name to be on for the babies sake, but unless i can track him down and change his mind i dont think it will be able to happen.

Awww im sorry to hear that, i think its going to be very difficult with mine aswel :-( xxx

Thanks for the help everyone, and well i guess he wont be on it then seen as he's made it pretty much impossible for me to even find a way to contact him now. Was happy to spend a year with me until he found out I was pregnant and well then I find out just how much of a lying cheat he really is and then he goes and just when i think he wouldn't get any worse he completely disappears. His loss, he's the one missing out on this amazing thing. Just have to enjoy it on my own and make sure the baby has all the love it needs.
And all thats love you will naturally give hun - isn't he an ass. It must be hard but try not 'trying' to contact him it will only boost his power trip of choice. Good for him that he has one and can say no thanks. Pathetic ....you on other hand will be everything to bubs esspecially when you know you have to be double strong.

:hugs:

Welcome to BabyandBump btw x

And all thats love you will naturally give hun - isn't he an ass. It must be hard but try not 'trying' to contact him it will only boost his power trip of choice. Good for him that he has one and can say no thanks. Pathetic ....you on other hand will be everything to bubs esspecially when you know you have to be double strong.

:hugs:

Welcome to BabyandBump btw x

Thanks for that, really made me smile.

Sweetie, I am sorry you are going through this, I completely understand. But dont worry, if you want to collect child support all you do is give all the information to include phone number employer etc they will be able to find him for you to collect.

You are so better off without him, much luck to you and your little one.

:hug:

Thank you for that, and good to know i will still be able to get the child support if i want to even if he does want to be awkward about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->