• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Birth Control

rebeccamc

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks postpartum and recently got back on the pill (progesterone only mini pill) at about 6.5 weeks postpartum. Since then I have started to bleed and I feel like hell. The blood amount is somewhere between spotting and a period. When I am tired my limps feel heavy and I can barely keep my eyes open. My anxiety has been AWFUL! Random panic attacks. There has been a bit of new stress in my life with returning to work. But normally my panic attacks are caused by the stress of work. Also my sex drive is non existent and please don't say its because I had a baby because it isn't. My husband and I were intimate for about a week after the ok from my doctor. Now i just feel blah.

Is it the hormones in the pill or am I just making it up? Anyone else feel awful while on hormonal birth control? Thanks for your help!

Could you be a bit anaemic? That could have something to do with it x

I always felt awful on hormonal bc. I just can't handle it I guess. it's condoms for us!

I feel like mine actually gave me anxiety. I was a lot more anxious/ paranoid on the pill than at any other time in my life (never had anxiety before I started the pill)

Birth control and me do not mix. It wasn't until after I stopped taking it to get pregnant that I realized just how much it was effecting me. For me, those were my similar symptoms.

Yep same here. I feel terrible when I am on birth control.

I can't handle the hormones either. Have you considered the coil, currently using the copper coil and it's working for me.

Thanks for the responses. I stopped taking the pill and felt so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->