birth music?

gingmg

Reaction score
Thinking about making a few playlists but I have no idea what kind of music I might want to listen to in labor. If you made one, what kind of music was on it? Nature sounds and relaxing meditative music? Upbeat music? Or just some of your favorite regular music?

have used a mix of mostly Christian music (to turn my thoughts toward prayer), mixed in with slow but inspiring to me regular songs - song my husband and i first danced to at our wedding reception, songs about life, that sort of thing. i found that the upbeat stuff just irritated me during labor, and the songs without words didn't help - i needed words to focus my attention on lyrics instead of pain - but every woman is different.

have fun putting your playlist together!! :)

I have been preparing for labor :)haha: as much as one can) by doing meditation and yoga each night. During that, I play these Native American flutes that I have three CDs of. It's lovely. I have those in a playlist ready to go. I am hoping that by hearing something I have "practiced" to, it will be helpful in grounding me when I'm in labor. I did nothing for my first born, and I found the room dull and boring.

My husband joked about "Eye of the Tiger" but he has a good point too. When we get there, for all I know, I might want rap, R&B, or some of my Christian music, or even listening to a book on tape. I have my iPod ready in case my plan doesn't work out. Who knows? I might end up wanting silence :haha:

I hope this helps. If you have an iPod or an mp3 of sorts, that would be your best option. Just make sure you have a little bit of everything you enjoy!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->