Birth of Baby Oscar @ 37 weeks 6 days, 23 May 2010 7lb12oz

Bexy

Reaction score
By Saturday 22 May, I had started feeling ready to burst! My tummy was sooooo tight and bubs was sat oblique with his bottom/ feet stuck up under my ribs! I was going to a party that night and due to it being soooo hot I made sure I was drinking lots during the day to stay hydrated. I didn't notice I was only passing a bit of urine as thought I was just so hot. Anyhoo got to the party and whilst being introduced to someone, I felt what I thought were my waters breaking...and break they did - I literally flooded the floor - very embarassing!! Went to a room and called my midwife who suggested going in to be checked over. Got to birthing centre at about 8.30pm and after an internal check, was told my water was still intact and I had probably just wet myself :blush: :blush: :blush: although the midwife thought labour was imminent just by checking out my tight tummy!

Headed home via the kebab shop as DH was hungry and I got myself some humous and pitta breads. Got home, eat and tried to go to bed but I started feeling a bit dodgy - put it down to the humous I'd eaten a couple of hours before and thought I'd have an upset tummy. Anyway I couldn't lay down as just felt rotten, so got up and watched TV whilst bouncing on my birthing ball. Tried laying on sofa but just felt too uncomfortable. At 4.30am, I went upstairs to a sleeping DH and said I'm not sure whether I'm in labour but felt pretty shoddy so asked him to run me a bath - he also called midwife and she said to start timing possible contractions. The bath made me feel loads better so sat in that for about 45 mins, then got up and projectile vomitted over the bathroom!!!! DH cleared up and made a call to the midwife was decided I should go in if the pains got closer together. By 6am and having been sick again, I got my bag together and we headed to the birthing centre. Was examined and found to be 8cm dilated so I had done very well until that point with no pain relief!

Got the bathing pool filled up and got started on the gas and air and felt more in control - the midwife thought baby would be here within a few hours and after lots of pushing and sucking on gas, they could see the head. Unfortunately after a few hours of pushing no progress was being made and they were worried about baby so I had to be transferred to delivery ward for strong drugs with the possibility of forceps/ ventouse delivery. Got into theatre and after internal it was found that Oscar was twisted in the birth canal so had to have a caesarian instead - quite disappointed after such a good start but as long as he was safe thats all I cared about!

Oscar was delivered at 11.20am on 23 May weighing a healthy 7lb12oz - DH had tears in his eyes and looked so proud!! Unfortunately it then went a bit weird in that I had a bad reaction to the blood clotting drug they administered - I basically went into anaphylactic (sp?) shock and my blood pressure dropped considerably. They rushed DH and Oscar out of the room and started plugging me with other drugs and gave me oxygen etc. This went on for quite a while but then I was stabilised and moved to recovery where I was reunited with DH and my beautiful baby boy!!! Laid in recovery for about 4 hours and was then transferred to the ward where I was bed bound for the rest of the day. Monday I was up and about and Tuesday I was released to start my life being a mum (on lots of painkillers!!!)

Life is amazing and I am on :cloud9:

Woweee, congratulations!! How horrible that you had a reaction like that but thankfully soon sorted and now you're a mum! Hope you're all doing well xx

congrats on little oscar! Glad to hear you are all doing well now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->