Birth of Freddie William 29.11.2010

M

mummyclo

On Sunday 28th November at 7am i woke up to a trickling feeling, got up sat on the loo and my water just gushed! I started to panic, but then managed to calm myself down. I put on a pad and called my mum and my midwife and my OH who was at work. I wasn't having any pains yet, so just carried on as normal. At about half 8 my mum came round, shortly after i felt a weird feeling in my bum, stood up and was soaked! My waters had gone AGAIN!
Stated getting niggly pains at about 11 and by 8pm was getting strong contractions. I was planning a home birth, so my midwife was at home with me as were my OH and mum. By about 11pm my contractions were coming about 3 mins apart and i was getting 2 on top of each other. I was really tired at this point and had been sick...so i asked to be checked.
I was only 2cm so we decided to go to hospital and get some pethidine (wish i hadn't now..but)
The car journey was pretty awful, got to hospital..has a shot of pethidine which did nothing! Then my contractions were bad, i kept saying i needed to poo and everyone just said no you dont its just the babys head!
She checked me again at 2am and i was 5cm and from then it just went so quickly! We went to the labour ward and i got in the bath, about 10 mins later i felt the urge to push! My body was just doing it and i couldn't stop!
My mum and Oh were telling me not to push as it was just them in the room... that scared me as i thought i was doing something wrong but couldn't stop my body pushing.
Then i got out the bath went to another room, lent over the back of the bed to push. The pushing feeling was so intense for me it didn't hurt as much as contractions it was just so intense and scary!
I was pushing for about an hour and 20 mins but it honestly felt like 10 mins!
I didn't have a burning feeling at all.. managed to get away with not much stithing or bruising.
He cryed straight away and to be honest the rest is a bit of a blur as i was so tired, i remember breast feeding him straight away and wondering how the hell i just pushed this huge baby out of my foof!
He was 7lb9 and not sure how long... but he is too long for newborn babygrows! :dohh:
I think that is mostly everything, to be honest it wasn't atal as bad as i thought and i would do it all again in a heartbeat if i had to :cloud9:

Thanks for sharing chloe! Singled it sped up for you in the end!xx

glad all went well for you and freddie was bought into the world safely :) xxx

Yay Chloe! Well done and congratulations

Mizze xx

congrats hun, I can see from your sig that he's gorgeous :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members