Birth of my gorgeous baby boy Charlie x

emmadaisy

Mum to Charlie and Lewis
Reaction score
Well......

Was due on 1st August and Sunday came and no sign of little one making an appearence, me and Darren decided rather than sitting round and waiting for it to happen we would go out for bit, so off we went to local Sunday market! Tuesday came and MW appointment where she decided she could do a sweep for me and see if she could get things moving, didnt think it would as she said my cervix was high.

Took the dogs as usual that night had bit of period pain cramping but been having that for over a week so didnt think anything of it, came home went to bed thought ..oh well maybe tomorrow!!

Got up at 2am for loo and felt like I had just got back to sleep when I rolled over in bed and thought ..... "that felt bit weird?.....! when I moved again bit more came out, so thought it was maybe my waters? woke Darren in a bit of a panic, who was great, he got straight up got dressed and was getting me the phone to ring LW, meanwhile Im still laid in bed crying cause I was scared and not been able to move for all the water flooding out!!!!!!

Went hospital to be told I was 1cm and to go home till contractions were 3-4 mins apart or unbearable. Went back at 3pm that afternoon and was only 3 cm felt gutted!!

Got me on gas and air which made mw giggle to start with and on birth ball which was great stayed on there for good couple of hours and just rocked away, checked me at 9pm and I was 8-9, but with labouring for so long I had a temperature and dehydrated so they started me on fluids to try get me finished!! at this point I went onto diamorphine and boy was it good!!!!!!!!

3am doctor came to check me as I couldnt progress and he tried turning baby as we knew he was back to back,unfortunatley he could only turn him half way so said he would give it another go in an hour and advised me to have an epidural so I could rest and gain some strength.

4am tried again still couldnt get him to turn so down for an emergency section!! was upset tbh but just wanted little man.

Charlie John Millichip was born @ 5.44am weighing a healthy 8lb 2oz, we came home Saturday and he is fantastic,really placid, rarely cries just when hes hungary, or having his bum done!!!!! x

Attachments

• Photo0276 - Copy (640x480).jpg
    Photo0276 - Copy (640x480).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations - he's gorgeous! :flower:

Hi is so gorgeous! congratulations. I imagine you are so proud. I can't wait until I have mine :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->