Birth of my Little Princess Scarlett 07/01/2010

luckylittle1

Reaction score
Sorry I'm new on here but i love reading other peoples experiences with labour and birth x

So I thought I'd share my story about how my miracle princess came into the world :)

I call her a miracle becaue she is my only girl after having 4 boys. I never thought i would be able to carry a girl as I had had 3 mc in between the boys and always believe them to be girls :(

Anyway i had gone to a regular consultant antenatal appointment on the 6th Jan and was complaining that my SPD (which i had been suffering from since 25 weeks!!) was getting worse and stopping me from doing even basic things now like havin a bath on my own. He explained that because i was only 38+3 weeks he couldn't induce. I was devastated and so he tried to get me some painkillers but unfortuneately i am allergic or intollerant to anything stronger than paracetamol lol.

Therefore he agreed to do a swwep but explained thast it probably wouldn't do very much. Well afterwards he said there was a little bit of blood on his glove (sorry tmi) so that was a good sign.

Had a few bh all evening but nothing spectacular so went to bed as normal. About 5 am i woke up all figity and couldn't settle but was determined to stay in bed (it was bloody cold cause the heating hadn't clicked on yet lol) but by 6am i needed the toilet so i got upand went for a wee. Well when i wiped i had a HUGE show (sorry tmi again lol) which was weird for me because normally with me this doesn't happen til just before my baba is born. Anyway went back to bed but within ten minutes i was getting mild contractions. I ignored them and went back to sleep but at 7am i woke to contrractions that were slightly more painfull. I got up went downstairs and had a cuppa and put contraction timer on the laptop and found that they were coming every 5 mins.

At 8 they were quite strong and i was having to brace myself on the kitchencounter to get thru them so i went to wake the old man. He sleeps like the dead so he wasn't waking for anything so i got the boys up and ready for school lol. By time DP got up to take the kids to school at half 8 my contractions were coming every 3 mins and were really starting to hurt. He came home from dropping off the boys and found me crawling in pain on the kitchen floor lol. What a sight it must have been lol!!!

I couldn't consentrate on contraction timer onlinee anymore so DP started timing them and by 10am they were every 2 mins lasting 1 1/2 mins. I rand my hospital only to be told well u can come in but we are very busy so u may have to wait in the lounge!!! I explained that i was in active labour and the midwife said how do u know have ur waters broken? Thats when i shouted down the phone NO THEY F*CKING HAVEN'T BUT THIS IS MY 5TH BABY I KNOW HOW IT GOES!!!!!

Needless to say they asked me to come in pmsl. At 11 i rang my friend as she was my birth partner (DP had to stay home with my younger boys) and by half 11 we were on our way to hospital in a transit van lol.

When i got to the delivery suite reception i was told there were no rooms so they were'nt sure what they could do and then they realised from the screams coming out of me that i was now contracting every minute so they soon found me a room. I have to say that is when things got better. I had a lovely student mw who followed my birth plan by not doing any sort of examination unless totally nessassary. She asked if waters had gone i said no but when they make sure u have gloves on cause she'll be here within 10 mins of them going ( i know this as all the rest of mine have). Not sure she believed me but at 12:15 my waters broke i shouted i need to push and at 12:30 baby scarlett was born.

I had a totally natural labour with just a bit of G&A with no tears or stitches (totally put this down to raspberry red leaf tea) and baba Scarlett weighed 8lb 20z.

Sorry its a bit long but i hope u enjoyed reading xx

Congratulations on baby Scarlett & welcome to babyandbump :)
x

Yeah//5th baby, I think you know what to look for! Congrats!

Congratulations! You had Scarlett the same day i had Madison :cloud9:

Congratulations and welcome to B&B! I too love hearing/reading other peoples birth stories so thank you for sharing! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->