Birth of my twins at 35 weeks

genies girl

Reaction score
Finally finding a moment to write my birth story so here goes.....

Fri 27th august my husband was having a group of mates over for a curry and a few beers we decided it was his last night of having a drink before our planned c section on the 15th september.
I had gone out for a meal with a group of girls, we had a lovely meal and had decided to go to the pub for one before going home, i went to the toilet before we left which was up two flights of stairs, i felt a bit crampy but i was so huge and uncomfortable i didnt think anything of it i went to the loo and then stood up and thought oh no ive wet myself how embarressing! it took me a minute to realise that actually my waters had broken and were gushing out fast, soaked i had to get back down the stairs and across the pub which i did grabbed my friends and we had to walk up the high street back to the car, we headed back for my house , en route i phoned home and got my dh who didnt beleive me at first and then went into panic mode, it took 5 grown men to look through my notes to find a phone number so i could phone the labour ward. We had to call my in laws to take us to hospital and when we got there i was checked over, they gave me gas and air because of complications and pain down below which i found very weird and made me hear songs in my head and the ceiling tiles float!:wacko:
They decieded to put me on a drip and do a c section in the morning because more staff would be on hand as it was twins (both babies were breech)
so i was left in a ward on my own because they were having a quiet night in pre natal and dh was sent home until the morning, i didnt sleep a wink and was on a drip to slow everything down.
In the morning everything started happening and two midwives came and took us to delivery suite and i was prepared and dh changed into theatre clothes and we were in the theatre in no time, the spinal block as not as bad as i thought and was very quick the anithatist stood by me the whole time explaining and chatting and they put the radio on and they were singing and chatting it was very relaxed. at 10.22 and 10.23 i heard two little crys and i burst into tears my babies were here!
The next few hours were a blur and i was very sick from the anisetic but both girls were fine.
It went so well and my recovery has been so good i would recommend a c section to people, the only side effect that bothed me from the spinal was the all over itching it drove me nad that first night.
I could go on forever and if you have read this i hope your not too bored xxxx

Congratulations! Aww they are so adorable :cloud9:

Congratulations, it's reassuring that you are positive regarding your c section as its something I worry about if its needed.

Good to see you both doing well xx

Congrats GeniesGirl, the girls are just beautiful! And you did well to be so calm when it all went off!! Well done mummy! xx

Ahhh congrats hun :D i had c-sections with all 3 and i had the all over itching....really does drive you mad lol although the midwives told me it must have been the shower gel i used....lol!!! i also had the sickness with my 3rd but not my second (first was under general) how odd lol xxx

Congratulations on the arrival of your gorgeous girls! x

Congratulations Genies girl, the girls are lush!!

You sound like you were really calm and had a good birth experience
(i would of been so scared to have a c section)

Well done :flower: xx xx xx

Congrats :)

Youve made me feel more relaxed about a csection which is what I want if we have another baby, I am not going through a vaginal birth again, no way, not after the first one :)
Where can I see a pic of yout lovely babies

huge congrats on the birth of your twins xxx
lovely names aswell x

Congratulations. And thanks for letting us know ur c-section was a positive experience, very reassuring x

awww bless how much did they weigh? the baby on the right looks a little bigger x

Congrats on your beautiful baby girls! Sounds like as positive experience I hope mine goes as well. Take it easy and enjoy being a mummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->