birth of Olivia Deborah (Ollie) 18/05/10 (long with pics)

happygal

mum of 3
Reaction score
Im a bit late posting this but i dont seem to of had any spare time since Ollie came along!

I went for a routine mw apt on friday the 14th when i was 39 weeks, my feet were really swollen, i had ++protein in my urine and my blood pressure was 140/90. My mw told me that if i had any headaches or anything then i should get checked over then i was sent on my way.
The next day i didnt feel quite right and wasnt happy that the mw hadnt checked things further so i made an appointment to see a different mw that afternoon.
When i saw the mw, my BP was still high and i had +protein in my urine so i was told to go home, pack an overnight bag and make my way up to the hospital.
When i got to the hospital i had blood taken, my BP had come down slightly but was still higher than it should of been and i had a trace of protein in my urine. The Drs were worried about pre eclampsia so i was admitted for monitoring.
From when i was admitted at about 5pm on the saturday i had to have my BP taken regularly and had to test my urine regularly too. My BP was up and down and so was the amount of protein in my urine.
Because the level of protein was up and down, i had to do a 24 hour urine collection to check the amount of protein i was producing over 24 hours. The 24 hour collection started at 7am on sunday the 16th.
At lunch time on Monday the 17th the Dr came to see me and I was told that the level of protein in my urine was high and because my BP was up and down, it was likely that i had pre eclampsia. I was told that i would need another blood test, and if the results came back showing any changes to my blood then i would need to be induced.
I had the blood taken and at 6pm i got the results and was told i was going to be induced that evening.

At 6.30pm the mw came to start the induction. I was told that rather than having a gel or pessary, i would be having something that the consultant was trying out. I was told its similar to the gel but kind of in a tea bag type thing with a string so if contractions started then it could be removed.

During the night i started getting back ache and some tightenings but they eased off and nothing much happened. I went for a wee at 6am and the tea bag thing fell out so i guess thats why all the pais stopped.
I had another one put in at 8am and was happy to hear i was 2/3cm dilated.

By 12noon i was having contractions ever 6 mins so i asked to be examined and was shocked that i was now 4cm and could move up to the delivery suite.

At 2pm i had my waters broken and at 4pm i was put on a drip to speed things up(after 6 attempts to get te canular in!).

By 8pm the contractions were getting hard to just breath through so i asked for the gas and air.
By 8.15pm i was asking for an injection of diamorphine.

The mw told me i would need to be examined to see how much i had progressed first because if bubs was close to being born then i wouldnt be able to have the injection.

I could of cried when i was told i was only 5cm!
I was given the injection then i had a good cry on OH's shoulder. I felt like such a wimp, i was only half way and had already had all the drugs i was planning on having. women are supposed to dilate at roughly 1cm per hour and the thought of possibly having another 5 hours ahead of me was horrible!

At 9pm i told the mw that the contractions had totally changed and i wanted to push, she told me i couldnt push yet because i wasnt ready....at 9.10pm i was screaming that i needed to push, the mw examined me and i was 10cm and she could see bubs head!

At 9.28pm Olivia made her entrance weighing 7lb 3oz!

The feeling of relief when she was born was huge, i was so glad it was over and couldnt believe how perfect she was.

I couldnt believe i had done managed to give birth to her with no help (my son was back to back, got stuck and i needed and episiotomy and forceps)

I went from feeling like a wimp to being really proud of myself, i coped up untill the last hour and a half with no pain relief at all...i never thought i could of done that!
About 15 mins after Ollie was born, the diamorphine kicked in so Ollie had lots of cuddles with daddy while i had a rest.

We had to stay in hospital until the thursday because i still had high bp. its still a little high now so im having to see the dr on friday to try to get it sorted.

Olivia is doing well and putting weight on brilliantly on the 18th she weighed 7lb 3oz, on the 23rd she still weighed 7lb 3oz, on the 28th she weighed 7lb 14 oz and on the 2nd of june she weighed 8lb 10oz!!

if you managed to get this far...well done! heres some pics of our princess :cloud9:

just after being delievered
https://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/happygal1981/IMG091-1.jpg

proud daddy
https://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/happygal1981/IMG097.jpg

proud mummy
https://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/happygal1981/IMG093.jpg

1 day old
https://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/happygal1981/IMG098.jpg

sleeping on mummy
https://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/happygal1981/IMG107.jpg

Awww well done you!! She's gorg!!

How you feeling now hun, has your BP dropped anymore?

She is so pretty!! Congratulations!

Aww, she looks perfect! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Great birth story, thanks for sharing x

Oh she's beautiful - I love her chubby little baby arms!

Hey hun, thought we hadnt heard from you for a while. Congrats on the birth of Ollie, she is beautiful, hope your bp comes down for you xxxxxx

Awww well done you!! She's gorg!!

How you feeling now hun, has your BP dropped anymore?

i feel great thanks, my spd has buggered off at last which is a blessing lol i had my bp checked last friday and it was still high, it was 138/90 so the mw told me i need to see my gp about it so ive got an appointment to see her today...fingers crossed it will of come down x

Congrats :D Jason was 7lb 3oz! Also had no pain meds.. you rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->