Birth of Samuel Dean :) Emergency induction!!!

mum#1

Reaction score
Samuel Dean Calleia was born on the 28th July 2010 at 1.36am. He's an angel :) here's his story if anyone wants to read!

Well I was 4 days overdue and I hadn't felt him move for a good 4 or 5 hours so I rang the maternity suite and they told me to come in straight away. So I rang OH and he came home from work and drove me to the hospital. They hooked me up to some monitors straight away. He's heartbeat was perfect but within the hour that I was monitored He hadn't really moved much so they were a bit worried about that & booked me for an ultrasound the next day.

At the ultrasound we found that my fluid levels were EXTREMELY low. She rang the maternity ward and told them He probably wouldn't make it much longer inside me and would be better off out NOW.

So off I went straight to the maternity ward and had my waters broken right there and then lol. It was so strange to feel water gushing out of you with no control over it :haha: this was about 1.30pm

I started contracting pretty much straight away but didn't feel them really, just a little ache here and there. So they hooked me up with an IV and started me on synotocin (sp?) and attatched a monitor directly onto bubs head, which was also weird having this thing between your legs thats attatched to your babys head lol

At around 4.30pm i started really feeling the pains, and I asked for some pain releif. Midwife told me due to lack of fluids around bubs i wouldnt be allowed anything strong. so I just strated on gas&air. It didnt take the pain away, but it helped take my mind off the contractions as it makes you feel drunk lol

anyways at about 9pm i was in AGONY screaming through contractions, i asked for some morphene (sp?) she had to get doctors approval for it and he said yes (THANKGOD)!! she checked me first and i was only 4cm dliated.

At around 11.30pm I asked for another shot of morphene as it had worn off and i was right back to screaming through them. She had to check how far dilated i was first and when she said ''sorry, your 7cms, im going to say no to the morphene'' i almost killed her :growlmad: she said no because i had progressed from 4 to 7 in only 2 hours and though he'd be born within the next hour or two!

So finally at about 1pm she checked me again and told me i was 9 and half cm but as soon as she pulled her fingers out i felt the need to push, and after 36mins of pushing Samuel Dean was born at 1.36am weighing 8pound 8ounces and his height was 53cm long!! :happydance:

I didn't tear due to the fact that he was crowning for soooo long so my perinium had time to stretch out which i was very happy about :)

He is a beautiful little boy and we love him soo much!

But i just want to say if you have any dounbts or bad feelings that somethings wrong with bubs, get it checked no matter how silly you feel if everythings fine! Who knows how long he would have made it with pretty much no fluid surrounding him. :cry:

xxx

Thanks great birth story i am paying attention to the movements more than before.

Congrats on the birth of little Samuel. Thank you for the advice about getting reduced movements checked out, it is really important information. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->