Birth of Samuel James 08/09/10

Delamere19

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,my little man is now 9 days old so I thought it was time I posted my birth story. I had a bit of a rough time but would do it again in a second for him.

So I went to hospital to be induced on tuesday 7th September at 8.30 am and my pressary was inserted at 9am. This was a long boring wait really,not much to do in hospital! Around lunch time me and my OH went for a walk to get some food and I found I couldn't go very far because I was getting the beginnings of quite bad backache and my bump felt very low and heavy. Anyway I spent the rest of the day with bad backache and a few little twinges. My OH went home at 8.30pm and I decided to try and get some sleep. I found it really hard to get comfy and put on my tens machine and got some painkillers from the midwife. I don't think I really got much sleep cos about 2 in the morning I was getting a lot more pain and found it so hard to sit,stand or lie down. It was a long night!! I must have drifted off eventually but at 6am I woke up suddenly with a really strong contraction and then another a few mins later. I went to the toilet and could feel my waters going and had a bloody show. I called for the midwife and she suggested a bath to ease the pain. Walking down the corridor was hell,my contractions felt like they were getting really strong really quickly. The bath helped a little but getting out and dressed again when your are having contractions is no joke!! I sat in my chair and they brought me some more painkillers but by this point I wanted something stronger but they wanted me to wait for the doctor to come and check my cervix. I held on for a little longer but in the end I asked for more pain relief again so my midwife said because my contractions were coming on quickly she would examine me and found I was 5cm dilated. Next news ibwas getting prepared to go down to delivery. My OH came just as they were getting me ready so I think it was a bit of a shock for him!

So I arrived on delivery at 9am and as soon I got there I wanted to push. My midwife was fab and said I should do what my body wanted. I got to 7cm really quickly but that's when my problems started. My baby was getting distressed when I was pushing and after an exam the found that my cervix wasn't quite ready to keep pushing and it was pressing his head against it tests why his heart rate was going up. They came to take blood from my babys head which was horrible,every time I could feel them inside me it made me have a contraction and it was sooooo hard not pushing!! I used gas and air and they gave me diamorphine when I got on delivery. I was feeling quite high and out of it on gas and air but it was fab stuff,gave me something to focus on. I stayed at 7cm for what felt like ages so they said the they were going to see if they could deliver him using forceps and if not I would have to go to theatre to try and cut me to get him out and if all else failed I would need a c section. I got all gowned up and they came to examine me. I don't have much recollection of what happened next apart from they used forceps which kept making me contract and eventually his head came out then the rest of him followed. Samuel James was born at 13.47pm and weighed a healthy 7lb 4oz. I just remember crying my eyes out for ages after he was born.

I had to have stitches as they had to do an episiotomy. I had a rough time after as I passed out when I got out of bed and was put on a drip and oxygen. Turns out I had an infection and was on drip antibiotics for three days. I was discharged on the Friday but I am really anaemic at the moment so I'm on tablets,though they wanted to do a blood transfusion. I'm getting better but it's been hard. I don't think I ever realized how much it takes out of your body giving birth.

Congratulations, sorry you had a rough time, I am sure he is worth it though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->