Birth Plan

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
I have just read GemGems thread about the home birth and just wanted to know what people were doing. I know I'm only 14weeks but have already decided mine. I'm having it in hospital but I want an 'active birth' basically you can walk around and do what you want and also give birth in whatever position you feel comfortable in, I'm only having gas and air if I really need it and nothing else. I'm just being nosey really

there is a list of questions in my hospital pack that basically covers all you need for a birth plan; don't know if you have that but I would ask your midwife..

So far i've decided on a hospital birth, but other than that i have no idea!

After my OH declined my idea of a home birth i suggested a water birth his reply to that was ' EMA SOUP YUCK!!' lol so im having a normal birth in hospital and hopefully im wishing a drug free birth maybe gas and air but i wont be ruling out any other drug until im in actual labour as i might need it :) but hoping i can do it drug free XXX

I'll be having my LO in hospital but I haven't got as far as thinking about anything else. Not sure what I think of epidurals and the other drugs on offer?? I'll want more than gas and air though, I think it's brave that you want to go without.

I'm just stupidly excited and organised. Dont think it hels that SIL is due in august and she was talking about hers last weekend

Im due in August and have tried organising a birth plan but so far everything ive wanted has been thrown out because the hospital closest to me is rubbish! Going to start again next month :D

I've started my birth plan. We haven't a choice but to go to a hospital. But I want a natural, drug-free birth so I want to be well-prepared to "fight" for that (the doc already offered a c-section!). I also don't plan on going into the hospital until I'm well into my labour.

well as this will be my fourth delivery, im guna have a few tiny contractions (maybe 4) and then ill cough and the babies guna come out!!! - Dont i just wish!!!!! im guna go for standing and walking around at the begining, then epidural all the way!! also after alot of research im also putting in my birth plan that (if need be) id rather tear than be cut and if i do tear - as long as im not bleeding to death id rather the cut was not be stiched and left to heal by itself.

Tinkerbell, is there a reason for your decision to tear rather than be cut and no stitches? If you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious because I'm not keen on the whole being cut thing but that's just because I'm sqweemish. Not that, that will matter to be whilst in labour I suppose.

xx

Tinkerbell, is there a reason for your decision to tear rather than be cut and no stitches? If you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious because I'm not keen on the whole being cut thing but that's just because I'm sqweemish. Not that, that will matter to be whilst in labour I suppose.

xx

when i was pregnant with my second child i heard somebody on the birthing channel mention that it was better to tear than be cut, so i read up on it alot during my pregnancy and read loads of reports and studies that said not only was it better to tear naturally than be cut, but also as long as it wasnt a really bad cut that was bleeding alot it was better to let it heal naturally. As luck had it when i was in labour the midwife was wanting to cut me and i refused (i can be very stroppy when in labour), i ended up tearing but only slightly (which i didnt feel at all!) and it was alot smaller than if id been cut. i mentioned to the midwife afterwards that id prefer not to be stitched if possible, she agreed to put a pad on it and check on it over the next hour to see what the bleeding was like and as the blood started to clot and stopped she was happy to leave it and i didnt have any more problems with it (apart from abit of stinging when going for a wee), so it will definitly be something i will be putting into my birthplan again! obviously if it came down to a medical emergancy it would be a different story (but im hoping this wont be the case lol!)

After my OH declined my idea of a home birth i suggested a water birth his reply to that was ' EMA SOUP YUCK!!' lol so im having a normal birth in hospital and hopefully im wishing a drug free birth maybe gas and air but i wont be ruling out any other drug until im in actual labour as i might need it :) but hoping i can do it drug free XXX

:rofl: :rofl: Thats pretty much the reaction to water birth i got, he also said that he was not standing there with a seive or anything. Grrrr...

well im having a hospital birth but im hoping the birthing pool is free,i dont know if i feel comfortable giving birth in the water so if i dont it will be an active birth,walking and giving birth inthe position i feel comfortable in.
im only having gas and air,and NOTHING else.

as about being cut, the hospital im going to dont cut,they would rather you tear.
thats fine with me as i wouldnt want to be cut.
ooh and the hospital im going to only can 2 epidural and one time, so even if i wanted one,which i dont.and there are 2 girls already have had epidurals i wouldnt be able to have one.

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->