birth pool liner????

JD'2

mummy and 2nd on the way
Reaction score
Good morning all

Just got a birth pool from ebay. lady used a liner and throughly cleaned it. but do i have to use a liner? i'm not going to give birth in it just labour in it i think. its just that a liner is £25 which i alot for something you throw away.

you thank

O and PS i have got my homebirth allowed :happydance: the consultant dr was actually rather confused as to why she was seeing me haha

I would. You never know, you might not want to get out. Besides, stuff does come out a bit before you push and your waters. I'm sure you can get them cheaper - I've seen them for 15.

Give ur pool a good scrub, I am not using a liner. The thought of the crinkling noise and the feel seems like a big trashbag and it will annoy me in my time of relaxation. Good luck!

We just used a 3mm plastic tarp thing from the US equivalent of B & Q.

I didn't use a liner, but I wasn't cleaning it so.....

If I was the one cleaning it, I'd rather have a liner TBH. Shop around, yo ucan get them cheaper than £25 :)

thanks guys. seen on on ebay for 15 i have a dust sheet from b n q for the floor so might buy another one of them as they are only like 4 quid.

If you or your hubby is cleaning it out (mws won't) then I recommend a liner! It will make the job MUCH easier and reduce the time they spend missing bonding with you and baby. I insist my clients use a liner. One client once forgot to put it in and it was a long messy job cleaning and disinfecting it after.

Ive been thinking about this. Im sure I read somewhere that birthing pools are only supposed to be used for one birth anyway (unless its a professional pool) so why bother cleaning it, just chuck it all out.

or have i misread something?

^ at £100+ a pop, no bloody way.

WSS! :D

Also.... just curious, what's special about the professional ones that means they don't need to be thrown out?

im using my original pool and although i know it will be much easier to clean with a liner i cannot stand the crinkled under knees effect the liner does so i would rather hose it down and clean it thoroughly after

The professional grade pools are just made of longer lasting material that can inflate over and over without degrading the seams. I don't know who said the pools need chucking out but liners do. If you were to reuse a liner it would make having one in the first place pointless! It's pretty simlple really. No liner is fine but who ever is emptying and cleaning up would thank you for a liner. It's much easier to just set the pump draining and leave it till it's almost done then lift the liner and it's contents out and put straight in the bin. Makes a potentially big job small and easy. Without a liner you will need to drain then scoop out any 'debris' then mop out all the remaining water (the pumps don't get it all) then it will need washing THOROUGHLY with hot soapy water, then drying out then rinsing down with Milton fluid/solution then drying THOUROUGHLY if you want to use it again or the seams will degrade. This process takes AGES. I've had to do it when the pool has been filled at a birth and the liner was forgotten and it's no fun at 4am poop scooping!! That said at least it's me doing it rather than the dad or other family member who would be taken away from the mother and baby for a significant amount of time. For my liking it's WELL worth £20 not to do it. I also get my clients to print off pictures or affirmations and put them in the bottom of the pool then the liner over the top so they can see them when labouring for extra inspiration. My last lady had her holiday/honeymoon pictures, 4D scan pictures, Disney quotes (total Disney addict!) and affirmations at the bottom of the pool.... :cloud9:

I also get my clients to print off pictures or affirmations and put them in the bottom of the pool then the liner over the top so they can see them when labouring for extra inspiration.

What a fab idea :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->