Birth poole in a 3rd floor flat??advice

efairie

Reaction score
Im having a home birth and really really want a water birth, My dilema as title says were in a 3rd floor flat and im not sure if its safe , will the floor hold the weight of a filled poole? Most of the birth poole companies say yes a filled birth poole is the same weight as 12-16 people im still worried. Has anyone had a waterbirth in a flat or planning to?

Sorry, I'm in a ground floor bungalow...BUT it should be fine, I'd imagine!

I've had clients have the pool upstairs and a good friend have her pool in her flat. Would you honestly limit the amount of people in your flat, say at a party? If not so long as tiny have insurance then you should be fine :)

I asked my ICAN support group, the very same question, except I'm on the second floor of my apartment building. I was told it should be just fine. One mom had a birth pool and was living on the 27th floor. Nothing happened other than the water birth she wanted. :thumbup:

I live in a 3rd floor apartment and was worried about the same thing. We didn't have any issues and we're having a bigger, heavier pool this time!!

Thanks for replies =) ive heard no reports of any problems so i can get my poole now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->