Birth story (also posted in 3rd tri)

sunshineray7

Mummy of 2 little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies, now that we're home and settled, I wanted to share my experience with you. I had an elective csection booked for 30th April but due to emergencies, it was postponed to the next day. I went in at 8am and went straight to delivery suite. Got my obs done and was given stockings and gown. A midwife came in and clipped my bikini line for surgery. Doctor came and chatted with me and I was told I would be called somewhere between 9.30/10.00. I was asked to put gown and stockings on and then we just waited. At 10.30 we were told that the anaesthetist was running behind. Finally I was called to theatre just before 11. The staff in theatre all introduced themselves and it was really nice and relaxed. Dh put on a gown and sat beside the bed. I had an iv catheter put in my left hand. The consultant anaesthetist them came to do my spinal, which I found uncomfortable but not awful. The worst part is that u need to bend forward, which is very difficult when there's a huge bump in the way!!! They led me down very quickly and tilted the table to help the spinal to work. I was numb up to my boobs, which meant my chest feel heavy but I made myself relax and breathe slowly. The nurse came and put my urinary catheter in. They connected my fluids and bp monitor and heart rate etc and put the drapes up in front. I felt a bit light headed and nauseous so they gave me something to bring blood pressure up, which worked immediately. They tested my spinal with cold spray and said they were checking deep pain response. They started the csection, but I had to ask because I thought they would say when they would begin. After a couple of minutes of rummaging and sucking noises, at 11.28am I heard the wonderful cries of my beautiful boy Finlay David Thomas, 7lb 11oz. Only his head was delivered but he was screaming the place down :) they quickly showed him to me before taking him off to be dried and weighed etc. After just a couple of minutes, they brought him over for his daddy to hold on to. I gave him some kisses and cuddles. When they finished stitching me up, I was taken to recovery for skin to skin and breastfeeding. He fed really well and after about half an hour, they took me back to delivery suite. My parents and little boy were allowed to come and visit me and then I was taken to the ward at about 3pm. I spent two days in hospital and came out on 3rd May. My csection experience was amazing and so different to my emcs. I would tell anyone worried about having csection not to worry because it's really not awful. The pain on the day of surgery was quite bad, but the pain relief is fab and I was up and about 24 hours later. Thanks for everything ladies, see you all in baby club xxx

This is lovely! Congratulations xxx

Congratulation:). Enjoy yr little guy now:)!

This is exactly what I needed to read.

Congrats on your little one!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"