Birth Story ~ Hope Alethea

becs0375

Mummy to Hope xx
Reaction score
My due date of 8th September came and went, finally 9 days later I started having contractions, on Sunday 19th we went to hospital as my contractions were getting closer and longer, the midwife checked my cervix and said I was only 3cm, I could stay on the ward but I decided to come home, all day they were coming on and off and then finally around 5pm they were around 3 mins apart and lasting around 90 seconds, so off we trotted to the hospital!! I had hoped for a water birth but due to my bp increasing this was now out of the question so I was put on a trace, but it kept losing babies hb so one was put on babies head!!

Around 9pm the nightshift midwife came in and things got going, it wasn't until about 1.30am that I started on gas and air, it was quite effective but I had only dilated to 4cm, at 3am I had pethadine as the contractions were so strong and I was getting exhausted as I had no sleep for nearly 3 nights due to on off contractions! The pethadine was fab, but made me sick, I managed to sleep between contractions, very weird experience!! After 2 hours I was put on the hormone drip and it got whacked right up, omg the contracttions were so painful, I then felt the urge to push so I did, this lasted for nearly 3 hours, i was so tired and exhuasted I couldn't push anymore, so the Dr came and told me that ventouse would be my best option, so I laid on the bed still on the gas and air and not really knowing what was going on! The next thing I know is that I having a forceps delivery with episiotomy, I ended up with a 3rd degree tear which was borderline 4th, I lost nearly 2 litres of blood, Hope was born at 0817 and by 0840 I was in theatre, I was being repaired for 2 hours.

My whole pregnancy was so easy, I had no problems, my bp never rose and baby was perfect!! My labour was traumatic, but I would go through it all again to get my Princess, she is just beautiful and I still can't believe she is mine!!! I am so glad I didn't write a birth plan as I think things never go to plan!!!

I am sure I have forgotten loads, the whole thing seems like a blur!!!

Glad you are both ok, congratulations on your little princess xxx

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations, she is lovely xx

oh well done hun and congrats. lavender oil and salt in the bath to help with the stitches, sting a bit at first but helps heal quicker!x

Gosh - well done you! Glad you are both ok and congratulations on your beautiful baby girl.

Huge congrats again hun - have been waiting to see your birth story appear on here lol and here it is! xx

Congrats on the birth of beautiful Hope. I hope you are recovering well from the birth.

:waves: hello hun. so happy for you and pleased you are both safe. huge hugs to hope from H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations hun :flower:

:hugs: about it being a bit scary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"