Birth Story - My beautiful Brooklyn is finally here!! V. LONG!

Mrstangoman1

Little prince cooking :)
Reaction score
Well my little boy is finally here after a long 5 days of slow labour!!

Brooklyn Ashton Young
7lbs 2oz
Absolutely perfect!​

:blue::blue::blue::blue::blue::blue:

I woke on Saturday 31st at 6am to sharp period like pains but they were much more painful.. I sat up thinking today was the day, went to the loo and found out id had my show.. Got really excited, I was staying at my parents while my OH was at his parents house sitting. I decided not to say anything yet but times the contractions which were every 6-8 mins apart and quite painful that I had to rock with them to ease it. Rang OH at 7:30am and told him what was happening.. I said dont come yet I'll wait and see how they progress.. By 9am they stopped. Didn't feel anything else for the rest of the day apart from a few pains here and there..

Sunday night I returned home with my OH and contractions started again on the evening about 9pm. Times them and they stayed 10-15 mins apart for a few hours so thought nothing of it and went back to sleep. The same happened Monday night but this time by about 4am they were getting unbearable and I couldn't talk through them. They were coming every 2-3 mins so OH rang the hospital who told us to go in. Arrived there about 5am and was checked in triage. 3CMS dilated!! So they told me they would admit me to labour ward. Thought my little man was coming that day.. How wrong was I!?

So I arrived onto labour ward Tuesday morning at 6am and put on the Toco machine to measure LO's heartbeat and the contractions. They were coming every 5 mins but slowly starting to get further apart and not as intense. I had a bad feeling that the same thing was going to happen again and they'd eventually stop. Well they didn't stop but they lessened in intensity and only occured every 10 mins through the day.

On Wednesday the contractions got even more intense and I was starting to struggle with the pain. As I was only on labour ward I had to manage on just 2 Co-Dydramol every 4 hours although I hadn't had a wink of sleep since Monday. They had offered me Pethidine but up until then I'd refused as I didnt like the possible side effects. They examined me and I was still 3-4cms and had to be 4cm to go down to delivery. Towards the evening I was in a lot of pain and eventually asked for Pethidine which I didn't really want to take but I was really suffering and I was so tired. It really helped me and didn't make me feel sick which is one of its side effects (as I found out from the woman opposite me who spent the whole night throwing up!) I managed to sleep through the night but by morning the pain was back and full force. I had more Pethidine but this only took the edge off. I had another dose a few hours later but it didn't work at all and I was almost crying with the pain. The next couple of hours were excruciating! I was in so much pain and constantly begging them to take me down to delivery. They told me they were waiting for the next available bed. I was shouting through the contractions and crying in pain.

At 1pm I was taken to the delivery suite and given gas and air.. Amazing stuff!! It took the edge away and I was able to cope with the contractions by just moaning through them. I definately wanted an epidural and the midwife was amazing. The anaesthetist came almost straight away and it took about 20 mins to have it set up. It kicked in about 10 mins later and I couldn't feel a thing! I'd definately recommend it! I had a button connected to some electrical machine thing and I could click it every 10 mins to top up the epi. My mum arrived about 4 and soon after the epidural machine started beeping and the bag with the fluid in needed to be replaced as it had ran out. The midwife did this but a few mins later it was beeping again. Im not sure why but basically it stopped working. I was getting very angry at the fact that the hospitals pain relief didnt work and I knew as soon as I started feeling the contractions again I'd be in so much pain. Yep. At 7pm I was screaming in pain again, puffing away on the gas and air which wasn't doing much at this point. I'm having to get the details from OH because things are a bit vague from this point on as I was pretty much only breathing in the gas and air!!

At 9pm the midwife examined me and I was 10cms! But she told me not to push for another hour while his head descended as it wasn't all the way down. At 10pm some doctors came in the room and examined me again and said that he was positioned facing my leg and his heartrate wasn't too good so they were going to take me to theatre to get him out using forceps or ventouse and if that failed then they'd give me a c section. Everything happened so fast from here on. I was rushed to theatre and given a spinal block incase they had to do a section. They told me to push so that they could reach his head better with the forceps but as I started pushing they told me I could do it myself. Im not sure if its because he turned or he was coming out ok but after about 10 pushes my beautiful little boy came into this world!

I am so in love and he is the best thing thats ever happened to me :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSCF0245.jpg
    DSCF0245.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo0074.jpg
    Photo0074.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Photo0137.jpg
    Photo0137.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26
wow he is absolutely beautiful, such a gorgeous face! congratulations xx

Congrats hun - he really is gorgeous, well done !!

xxx

He is absolutely gorgeous you must be so proud after such a long haul! Congratulations xx

Awww huge congrats hun he is soooo gorgeous :flower: x

ahh hes so cute good job after such a long labour..lol.xx

He is just gorgeous! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back