Birth Story of Brianna Jade Ledet

mernie

Mom and Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Well on the evening of March 2nd I hadn't been feeling her move too much so I told DH that I'd feel better if we went to the hospital as I'd been having some contractions all day anyway but nothing close enough together to go. When we got there they hooked me up to a fetal monitor and immediately she started trying to kick it off my belly lol, they were gonna monitor us for another hour or so then send us home but then, I had a contraction and her heart rate dropped dramatically.

The nurses called the Dr. in and he said that I was gonna be kept at least overnight but he had to talk to the head resident to see if I could be induced. To which the answer was yes! :happydance:

I was only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced so everybody (including me) thought it would take quite some time before anything huge happened. They got me upstairs and started the pictocin drip at 1:30am on March 3rd followed by a foley bulb placed in my cervix to help me dilate to 4. I was told that would take a while and the Dr. was suprised when he came in to tug on it a little bit to help me dilate a little faster and it popped out and I was 4 cm! :happydance:

At about 9 am they came back in and I had made it to 6cm 75%effaced so they broke my water. they said they'd be back at 11 and I'd probably be around 8 or 9 and ALMOST completely effaced. After they broke my water my contractions started coming on so strong so fast that I HAD to have the epidural. I had originally planned not to get one but I am sooo glad that I did it made everything go alot smoother.

At 11 they came back and I was complete and complete :happydance: So 30 minutes later they got the Dr. and said I could start pushing. Turns out I'm an excellent pusher. I started pushing at 11:35 am and at 12:14 pm Brianna Jade "Ladybug" Ledet was born weighing 6lbs 13oz 20 1/4 inches long with a HEADFULL of hair :cloud9:.

Turns out I had 2 2nd degree tears that took them an hour and a half to stitch up because of the way the tears were they were making them worse by trying to repair them and I ended up losing half a liter of blood. They also put a catheter in so that I wouldn't have any problems peeing. I wouldn't change it for the world though I'm awful sore now and have my first hemmoroid lol but she's so completely worth it all! The second I saw her and heard her I burst into tears and her daddy who was GREAT throughout the entire birth cut the cord. :cloud9:

After the epidural wore off though, the nurse and DH were helping me to the bathroom to get cleaned up and as soon as I stood up I lost my balance, I figured it was due to the epidural not being completely gone so we went ahead. As soon as they got me on the toilet I passed out though, the nurse got a blood pressure cuff and found out that my blood pressure was only 82/44 so she immediatly got help and they carried me back to my bed put a saline IV in and instead of letting it drip they had a man standing there squeezing the bag to make it go faster the entire bag was gone in 5 minutes lol. I started to feel better but thats when they decided to put on my chart that i had a postpartum hemorrhage due to my tears. But all is well now and my blood pressure has gotten back to normal AND i have my beautiful little girl who I am absolutely in love with! :cloud9:

https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/sweetobsession_07/l_27a2e8826f224e97a530f97de7916442.jpg
https://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/sweetobsession_07/l_ee4daf0443e34096947bef64b12c1390.jpg

Oh wow - congrats she is gorgeous!!

Awww she is beautiful hun! Well done xxx

oh she is gorgeous, well done. look at all her hair, its adorable!
XX

Congrats hun!
You did great, and she's gorgeous! :)

She is so beautiful! Congratulations xx

Awww she is soooo cute, congratulations. xxx

Aww she is beautiful, congratulations, take care :hugs: XX

Congrats she is beautiful XxX

She's gorgeous. OMG...such a cutie pie! What a serious face!! :p
Enjoy her....such a doll!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts