Birth Story of Finlay, 12/11/10

vndeb

Reaction score
Hi ladies, thought I would just let everyone know my munchkin finally entered the world last friday, rather dramatically but all well and finally left hospital last night.

Well here goes,
I was checked at my 40wk appt and had high BP, she said would check following week and if still high poss pre-eclampsia although urine didnt have any protien. Had stretch and sweep booked 3 days later if no signs (none came), home visit came and she said no signs (was getting fed up now!), checked my BP and high, had protein in my urine so she thought best get checked at the hospital. OH was out but she said couldnt wait so got my father-in-law to take me but on the way was sick (unusual for me) and was breathless.

Long Story this I'm afraid. Got to the hospital and admitted to maternity ward for obs and was violently sick. Chest pains began and contractions at the same time, not fun! Midwife got owrried so said I needed to go to the labour ward for monitoring incase it was true labour. My OH was with me by then. I was strappede to monitor to check baby and contractions, at this point I was rather out of it with the pain and panicking but few doctors arrived quickly and decided after very quick chest xray that my lung had collapsed so they had to insert chest drain asap, this was done without pain relief ( horrible!) and as they were doing this Finlays heart rate kept dropping after each contraction and not recovering well so they decided emergency caesarian. OH tried to cope but was terrifed bless him. I was put in a gown and taken to theatre and within 20mins he was born! He was not responsive so taken straight to special care but was soon screaming. By this point I was unaware of any problems as they finished with me but as my BP kept climing I had to be taken to Intensive Care so didnt see my little man til tghe following day. Again OH had to tell me he was fine and try to cope with both of us not being well Anywho, I was then told my lung was fine and there had been a mix up of some kind but I did have Pre-eclampsia and HELLP Syndrome causing the chest pains. So baby is now fine, I have to get checks now and again but recovering well.

Not the birth I planned and hope it doesnt happen to anyone else, but my baby is fine as I will be with time. Acute onset of HELLP is uncommon but happens and the staff looking after me were amazing, thnks to them we are both here and healthy.

Thanks for reading if you did get this far, it is rather a long drawn out tale! x

oh hun thats awful sorry u had a rough time but at least u and ur lovely boy r doin fine now it all seems worth it in the end doesnt it takecare hun xx

Oh you poor thing! Well done for getting through that and congratulations on Finlay xxxx

congratulations :flow:
glad your both ok

awww noo, so sorry it didnt go the way you'd planned but glad u and Finlay got through it safe and sound, hope you both recover well, and congratulations xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->