Birth Story of Jayde Alexis (Long Incl Pics)

mumexpctinno3

Mum to a boy and 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies, finally have a bit of time to post my birth story so here goes...

Got the the hospital on Wednesday 30th June about 8.00am, was told to wait in the day room until they had sorted my bed out.

Went over to my bed and was put on the monitor to check bubs was ok, my bp was taken, bloods taken and was examined about 10.00am and to my surprise was already 2-3 cm dilated.

Mw said that they didnt have to use the pessary and my waters would just be able to be broken.

Was waiting around for ages until about 5.30pm when they were finally ready to take me over to main delivery to break my waters.

Was examined again and my cervix was quite posterior so the breaking of the waters was very painful.

Was left for about an hour to see if i started contracting on my own, i did but hardly anything.

About 7.00pm i was put on the hormone drip which is supposed to increase by 2mil every half hour...an hour later, nothing had happened. I thought to myself "shit, this is going to end up in a section". The machine started bleeping, MW came to check it only to find that it hadnt been turned on properly.

At 8.00pm the machine was turned on and about 10 minutes later contractions were coming thick and fast. I needed G&A almost straight away.

The contractions just kept coming stronger and stronger and closer and closer, i dont think i came off the G&A at all.

About 9.15pm, i shouted to the MW that i needed to push, she asked if i was sure and opened my legs to find the head crowning lol!

She and the student MW was running around like blue assed flies trying to get everything ready. She kept telling me to slow down my pushing but i couldnt, my body just took over.

At 9.21pm, my beautiful baby girl Jayde Alexis entered the world screaming weighing 7lb 12oz.

She was put up on my chest for skin to skin contact straight away. She then went over for a cuddle with her dad whilst i delivered the afterbirth.

I was discharged Friday afternoon as they wanted to keep me on obs because of my blood pressure.

She is absalotely gorgeous, everytime i look at her i fall in love all over again. She is taking her feeds fantasticly well and is so placid, waking every 4 hours for feeds.

Her brother and sister are in awe of her.

I said that she was my last baby but now im not so sure.

Labour is a fantastic experience and i would do it all over again for the end result.

Good luck to all those expecting, i hope you get the positive experience i had on all of my labours

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Baby Jayde.jpg
    Baby Jayde.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 36
Congratulations hun. What a lovely birth :)
She's a cutie! xxx

congrats she is lush and waht an amazing birth x

congrats on little Jayde. Beautiful name for a beautiful baby! Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->