Birth Story of Liam!

wish2bmama

Mom to 2 boys
Reaction score
On the 2nd of Feb, I was set to be induced but had to wait for the call to come in. Well, we had just had a cold front come in that was bringing with it some snow to Texas! Ekk! Apparently, this sent all the other women in San Antonio to go into labor so my induction was pushed back to whenever they had room for me.

That whole day I had felt irritable and restless, had 3 loose stools and my BH were much stronger than usual, but I thought it was just nerves for my coming induction and upset that I didn't go into labor on my own. Then I get the call to come in at 530p. So I get there at around 6:00p and they get me in a gown and check me to see what method they need to use to induce. It turned out that I was 5cm dilated and was actually in labor the whole day!

They started me on pitocin to speed up the process, but Little Man decided he was going arrive on his own on the same day I was scheduled to get him out! I had bought mobile internet so DH could be there with us during the delivery. He was online whole time and the hospital treated the laptop like it was my husband standing next to me, it was great. I had my epidural at 7cm dilated but the man went through the space and into my spine, making it a spinal and not an epidural. My meds would wear off after 2 hours and need to be redone. At 9:15am on the 3rd, I was 10cm and started to push. I pushed my heart out until 1pm. At that time they found that my baby was stuck face up in my pubic bone. So the head complicated OBGYN and one of his partners and his resident came in to do a forceps delivery.

They went in and turned his head with big spoon like forceps, and then helped to guide him out with another set as I pushed our beautiful baby boy out at 1:45pm. When he came out, the doctor showed him right to the laptop to show DH his son. He was 8lbs 3.7oz, 20.5 inches. He was perfect in every way and not one mark on his head from the forceps! They did such an amazing job! At 2pm I delivered the placenta, and baby b had attached to it. They let DH and I see and say good bye to our angel Finley and let me send and small blanket with the remains.

I tore pretty badly; it took 45 mins to sew me up. Then I got a spinal headache from the bad epidural and needed a blood patch. 2 days after I went home, I was re-admitted to the hospital because a tear got a hematoma and became infected. I was there for 2 nights and given antibiotics.

And that is the birth story of Liam Patrick, our Son and Joy :cloud9:

Beautiful! I'm so glad they involved daddy too. You did fab, girl - kisses to Loam and Finley xxxx

What a lovely birth story. Your son is so cute in your avatar, are you planning on showing us some more pictures? PLEASE?!

I just read through your pregnancy journal as well, so sorry you lost the other baby.

thats so great that your oh could witness the birth :) big congrats, hes lovely :hugs: xxx

Well done - alot to contend with by yourself - you're very brave :flower:

hx

Very brave :hugs:

Your son is gorgeous - congratulations to you both xx

congrats on the the birth of ur son and floaty kisses to finley xx

Congratulations on your beautiful son Liam. So glad the your OH got to see it all and good for you doing it without him being there physically! Well done you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->