birth story of my beautiful son callum *

callumsmummy

mommy to callum and WTT x
Reaction score
well...wer do i start?
i was trying for a baby for just over 2 years, i was getting quite stressed as i tryed every mont, and still nothing. we thought we was trying too hard and we was getting quite stresed about it, so thought we would have a bit of a break, and if its meant to be,it will be!
it was the day of a funeral, very sad indeed, that i found out i was pregnant! after the service, i was very dizzy and fainted, so i went to the hospital and they said do a urine text, and checked my bllod pressure and all the usual tests they do...and came back in and said i was pregnant!!!
thats the best news iv ever heard, my mom came to the hospital with me and i ran into the waiting room and gave her a massive hug.

well i can tell ya, it was sucha hard long pregnancy, always in and out of hospital, fainting, all day and all night sickness.

i went for the normal scans, everything was fine, they told me i was having a little boy :happydance:

my due date was now creeping up, which was the 28th april. i was sent for another scan a i was having reduced movements, this was wen i was 35 weeks....much to my surprise...baby was now breech! so they discused with me about turning baby, c section, or having baby breech. i said to them that i would like to have baby turned on the folowing monday.
i was so worried all through the weekend, wondering what it would be like to have baby turned, was it the right decision ?

monday morning came, i was so scared, i went into the hospital, sat down in the waiting room, and they called me in. they scaned me...and baby was now head down!! woohooo, i was so happy, they sent me home and said they will let me go into labour naturally....
so i carried on as normal at home, they when i was 38+6, i had to go back in for another scan...now baby was breech( but this time which his bum in my pelvis)
they wer keeping me in til i had him for unstable lie...meaning, one day hes breech, next hes head down...the midwifes could not believe it, he shouldnt of been able to move that much, being so big!

so the days come and went. i was stuck on a ward with ladies going into labour all the time, i was getting quite depresed, everyday they wer changing what they wer going to do, because baby kept moving, at one point i was waiting for a c section !!

so finally they decided, while baby was head down, to start me off!! woohoo, i was finally going to meet my baby, this was on the sunday evening.
i had a pessary put in, got told to stay on the bed for 45 minz, then have a walk around, and if it didnt work, iv had another one in 6 hours...well thats what happened, it didnt work, so 6 hours later i had another one, again nothing changed, my cervix was still high and closed :(
it was so painful being examined and having these silly things in!

after all that, 4 pessarys later... 3 days later...it was clased as a failed induction because my cervix was still high up, but i was only 1cm.
So they said they can try to break my waters on the bed, but if they cant, i wil have to have a spinal, and epidural and have my waters broke in theatre, so all the doctors came in, and one tryed to break my waters, at this point i was screaming in pain, and had the gas and air, they really had to tug and tug, and still they couldnt break my waters.

so off i went into the theatre, i had my stockings on, and sit on the edge of the bed, shaking like a leaf, my midwife was so suportive...she was fantastic.
well it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, i just felt a bit of stinging in my back, then i was numb!! this was around 8pm.
they broke my waters and i was put back onto the delivery bed and wheeled back into my room, wer i was put on a hormone drip to make me have strong contractions.
the midwife kept checking me every 4 hours, at 4.45am on thursday morning, i was only 3cm :nope:
so she said im looking at about 20 hours until i meet my baby. at around 5am, babys heartbeat had dropped, and midwife examined me again and i was 6cm, she then called in the doctors.
Doctor explained to me, that they had to put a thing on babys head, to take some blood, to make sure baby was getting enough oxygen. and he was thankfully, but his heartbeat was stil dropping slowly.
at about 6.10am, they exmained me, and said i was 10 cms so i could start pushing!!! push....push...push .... it was soo tiring, i never felt anything, so they had to keep telling me, everytime i got a contraction, so i could push.
I had to have a cut as baby was getting too distresed, 2 pushes later and baby was here!! i was in tears, it was so emotional, i couldnt beleive the baby i had in my arms was really mine.

ok it ddidnt go as planned, i really didnt want a epidural, and i wanted my mom to be there, but im just grateful my baby was here safe :)
hope u enjoy reading my birth story.
my baby is now 7 weeks old :D

sorry about some of the spelling mistakes !! i forgot to add he was born on his grandads bday, he is his grandads 1st grandchild :D his name is callum :) born 6.24am, on the 29.04.2010 xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->