birth story of my gorgeous boy **updated and includes pics**

jocelynmarie

Reaction score
Kinda late but I finally feel like I can breathe long enough to write this out. I'm posting from my phone though so please excuse any bad grammar or spelling!!!

I was scheduled for my induction on Thursday August 25th, 4 days before my due date because of the gd. My ob told me to be prepared for a 5:30 am phone call and they would tell me what time to be in. 5:30 Came and went and finally a few hours later a called the hospital. I was terrified that they had forgotten me. They told me to just hold tight and they would call when they were ready for me. Finally around 11 I got the call and was told to be there at 1. My sister tried calming me down by painting my toenails and braiding my hair and then it was time to go!!!

Got to the hospital and into my delivery suite. It really was a suite. It was huge!!! Finally got my first of many internals and was told that I was 1cm dilated and 60% effaced. Instead of starting the pitocin right away they gave me a cervix ripened and that lasted for 4 hours. I started getting some fairly strong contractions but they were completely manageable even though they came really close together. At about midnight they started the pitocin drip and gave me a sleeping pill so that I could get some sleep, I was surprised that I slept through the night.

Friday was a LONG day. In the morning I was still only dilated to 1. So they upped the drip over and over again until my contractions were literally on top of each other and super strong. I got some fentynol but all it really did was make me feel high. I took a hot bath trying to find some kind of relief but nothing was helping so I finally begged for my epidural. They checked me and I was finally at a 3 so in came the anesthesiologist who I am now in love with. I felt relief almost immediately. They checked me an hour and a half later and I had gone from a 3 to 9 1/2!!!! They let me labor a while longer wanting him to drop down on his own a little more. I ended up with a window where the epidural didn't work and the baby was turned on his side, so the doc went in there and turned him, I still felt every contraction in that little window, which seriously sucked. Finally it was time to push.... And push and push some more. They said it took 1st time moms an average of 3 hours to push out their first baby... I wanted to kill the nurse. It took me 3 hours to push him out. But finally there he was. At 12:07 am August 27th. The most perfect little man in the world was put on my chest. He hadn't cried though so they whisked him away. They got him crying and cleaned up he had his eyes wide open and he was so amazingly alert. He was 6lbs 4oz. WAY smaller than I had been expecting. I was told to expect an 8 lb baby. I did tear and get stitches, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, and I feel pretty much healed up.

I will upload pics as soon as I can. And I know there are parts I forgot. But that's the gist of it!!! Was a long road but he was worth every second of pain. I never knew I could love like this!

https://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/llllltntlllll/Aidan1.jpg
https://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/llllltntlllll/Aidan.jpg

Congrats! I was wondering if everything was okay. I'm glad to here your baby boy is here. Wishing you the best.

Ahhh Congrats to you on your little Aidan!! Enjoy every moment :)
Im still waiting for mine!!

God, I can't believe that its already been over 2 weeks since he was born!! In some ways it feels like yesterday, but I also already can't imagine my life with out him!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->