Birth story of Phoebe 11.11.10 - 12 mins 1 push!! With Pics

lolpants

Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Birth story of Phoebe Isobela Irvine, 11.11.10, 4.43am, 7lb14.5oz

It all started Monday 8th Nov, when I woke at 3am with contractions - they were regular - every 4-6 mins, so I woke Dave (OH) up about 5am and we started timing them - by 10am they had gone :( That evening I went in to be checked and was told I was only 1cm.

Over the next 3 days I experienced very irregular but sometimes very painful contractions - Hospital didn't wanna know until they were coming 3 in 10 mins, so I stayed at home and dealt with it. Then Weds night (10th Nov) I was watching the apprentice when all of a sudden they ramped up and were coming every 2 mins - we went into the hospital again around 22.30. Was put on monitors and had blood pressure etc taken and then finally a check - only to be told I was only now 2cm dialated!! (They won't have you in till your 4cm) I refused to go home as had not slept for 3 days and asked for some pain relief - they offered me pethadine but I was too stay on the ward and Dave had to go home. At 1.30 am I was taken too a 9 person ward and given a small dose of pethadine.

I climbed into bed and felt very drowsy but couldn't sleep - I felt the urge too wee every 5 mins and was back and forth to the loo - still having the odd contraction now and then- I was trying to be quiet as I didn't want all the girls on the ward hating me! I told the midwife that the pethadine hadn't worked and I couldnt sleep - she said I couldn't have any more and I went in the bathroom. TMI ALERT As I was on the loo I felt I needed to have a no 2 - but I tried and couldn't - After a while there was a knock on the door - the midwife had noticed I was in there for a while and asked if I was ok - I told her I was having trouble pooing and needed a stool softener - she said that she could sort one out but would need to check me 1st. I went to get up off the loo and couldn't! So I opened the loo door and she came in to check me. She said we just gotta check its not baby - couldn't possibly be I thought!! So she checked me and her jaw just dropped! 'your babies head is there - your having this baby now' .. I couldn't believe it!! I thought my baby was a poo!!!! The next 10 mins are hazy - but basically I got rushed too the delivery suite and rung Dave whilst on the way - this was about 4.30am so Dave had been home about 3 hrs and was asleep! Telling dave while being wheeled through the hospital that the baby was coming was a bit surreal!
I arrived at the delivery suite - on the way there my body was telling me too push but I was trying my best not too as I wanted Dave there so bad. Got to the delivery suite and got put on the bed - I was given the gas and air but after only 2 puffs was told that I had too push. One push and she entered the world - pooing on the way out and with the cord wrapped twice around her neck!! Dave arrived about 5-10 mins later.

The whole 2nd stage of labour was recorded as only 12 mins long!! It only actually hurt for about 30 secs as she came out - but I was really badly torn - with 2nd degree tears all the way round!! They initially thought I would need surgery too repair it - but ended up being fixed just on gas and air - I also managed too pee ok so got away without needing a catheter! Its made me feel like Super Woman!!

All the hospital staff were very impressed with how I handled everything and Im only the 2nd person in the hospital who has gone to the loo thinking they were having a poo to go on and have a baby 10 mins later!

All in all I couldn't of asked for a better delivery - just wish Dave had been there! She was obviously far too impatient!!
Resize_P111110_07.45.jpg

37141_450989463509_631313509_5423562_237863_n.jpg

76904_450991513509_631313509_5423612_6088532_n.jpg

149854_450991018509_631313509_5423602_3522446_n.jpg

wow lovely story, amazing!

I also felt like I needed a poo and went to the loo when babies head was moving down.. its such a weird sensation x

oh wow.. congrats hun..

and LOVE LOVE LOVE the ac/dc onesie.. how adorable.

Great story,
I share the same birthday with your lovely newborn daughter.

I hope my birth goes as fast as yours!

Good job mommy! :thumbup:

Awww shes beautiful- good job xxxxx

wow, congrats, she's beautiful! i also dragged myself on to the loo in the labour suite, frustrated that i couldn't poo! and i couldn't get off the toilet then either, my boyfriend had to pick me up and plonk me back down in the labour suite where i then started pushing! i thought my baby was a poo too, haha! xx

wow I thorgt I was quick 15 mins lol congrats:) she is stuning :) yay Aww Im all broody lol

wow, congrats, she's beautiful! i also dragged myself on to the loo in the labour suite, frustrated that i couldn't poo! and i couldn't get off the toilet then either, my boyfriend had to pick me up and plonk me back down in the labour suite where i then started pushing! i thought my baby was a poo too, haha! xx

People had told me it can feel like you need a poo - but I just didn't believe it! Mad isn't it?? :wacko:

Lol xx

What a fabulous story! Phoebe is so beautiful and i adore the name!xx

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing. Wow, what a fast labor, when you say you couldn't get up is it because it was too painful to move?

Btw, love the pics. She's beautiful!

Congrats!! Thanks for sharing. Wow, what a fast labor, when you say you couldn't get up is it because it was too painful to move?

Btw, love the pics. She's beautiful!

Thanks hun :hugs:

Its hard too explain but was like an overwhelming pressure pulling me down? - I did have too move from loo too a chair and the chair to the bed - that was hard!!

Lol xx

ahh what an amazing story , you seem so stong you didnt say you were screaming the place down or any thing lol!

It made me laugh when you said "I thought my baby was a poo!"
Congrats on the birth of Pheobe, she's just beautiful!

Awww great birth story huni, not good that dave couldnt get there in time but hey phoebe was impacient, still cant believe we actually delievered on same day, but i beat you all by a couple of hours its freaky lol, its something we can look back on and our beautiful girls will always share the same birthday. our stories are so similar in the way that the early part dragged out for days then finally the ending was extreamly quick :happydance:

well done though hun, Phoebe is just totally adorable xXx

p.s. link to Emilys birth storys in my signiture xXx

awww shes really tiny!, bless her

congratulations :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g