Birth To Potty Nappies- really?!

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem of BTP nappies not actually lasting until potty training age?

I ask because most of our stash consists of BTP nappies (BG V3's and Organic AIO's). Toby is on the middle snap fastening now and to be honest i'm not sure how much longer he'll manage on that one. He's not a particularly chunky baba (just above the 50th centile for weight) but he's quite long, both in the torso and leg and i am starting to worry a bit that they're not going to last us...:wacko:

Well Imi is following the same %ile my niece did (between 75th and 96th for all) and we tried a couple of Imis nappies on her and they all fitted. She is now 1 1/2 :)

I have been thinking the same thing recently, Daisy is now on the largest setting the rise will go to (not poppered at all) (and is only 91/2 months) so its the rise that is botheing me, Daist is very tall and if she carries on like this then god knows what we will so !! ...tho when Daisy was teeny tiny we were out with my neice who was about 2 ish at the time and a BG fit her quite well ....:shrug:

Unfortunately it does happen but once they get a bit bigger and are mobile they tend not to change shape around the bottom area quite so much so you may well find that he stays on the middle setting for ages before moving the the large setting and staying in that for a long time too. Think the 'small' setting is the one they outgrow the quickest. Theo is into the middle settings on his Pop-Ins and wears small and medium Ittis. Edit to say Theo is 91st for weight and 99.6th for length, so not little.

leyla's 20lbs and still on the tighest poppers in her wonderoos btp, well not tightest cos thats overlapped, but second tightest where they are next to each other not crossing, she is on the last setting for rise though, i think as they get more active you dont have to worry about the rise too much cos theyll be up and off, not lying down all the time

x

I know someone who uses flips on her slim 5 year old bed wetter.

Thanks for all the replies. It is the rise (rather than the width) which seems to be the problem...(well, it isn't a problem yet but may end up being?!)

It's just that he's only 5 months old and on the middle setting, so there's only one setting left (complately unpoppered). Now he's not ready to go up to that yet, but i have noticed that his poops are right up his back nearly out of the top of his nappy again which is what started to happen when he got ready to move up to this setting...so then i am thinking "eeek!" If he goes to the top setting in a couple of weeks then that's it...he's not allowed to get any taller until he's potty trained :haha: kinda thing!

Good point about him starting to be upright and on the move more though princessellie :thumbup: i hadn't thought of that.

I am just hoping they last!

I am looking to add to our collection though as he outgrew the only sized nappies we had (the fuzzi bunz we bought from you vici :D ) so if anyone wants to make a recommendation for sized cloth nappies for a long slim baby then feel free! I've only ever used pockets or AIO's so sometimes feel a bit lost when looking for new additions to our nappy family :wacko:

why don't you look in the nappy library and borrow a few first.

Most don't seem to be long enough in the rise, but actually they don't seem to be called birth to potty any more but OneSize. I guess that will be trade descriptions law or something, but it doesn't alter the fact! Builders Bums watch out for competition!

My daughter is 18 months and about 25lbs and I'd say she's starting to come to the end of her birth to potty's now. It helps that as they grow (which slows down as they get older too) and become mobile their shape changes so our poppers have gone back and forwards a litte. The rise is starting to become an issue now though.

I was wonderhing this too--my son is wearing his diapers unpoppered now and it is the rise (rather than the width) which is the issue also. He has been wearing them with all the poppers open for awhile now and hasnt seem to grown much.

My son is very tall but not very heavy (in the 25th percentile).

I have BGs, Wonderros, Tot Bots Bambozzles and Fuzzi buns one sized and I would say the fuzzi buns seem to have the largest rise. The tot bots are sized so this issue is not unique to birth to potty diapers.

why don't you look in the nappy library and borrow a few first.

Oooh i had no idea we had a nappy library until you said that- what a fantastic idea :D I've had a little peep but i'll check it out properly later (being yelled at by Toby just now!) :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->