Birth workshop

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I have my first one tonight...Have you lot been to any? What are they like? I booked it because i thought it was gonna be where they prepared you and your birth partner for labour by doing all the breathing excersizes and all that.. I really wanted to do that as neither of us know what to expect lol. But now i've been told they dont do that anymore and that you have to pay for classes like that? Tonights workshop is just for me to attend although I dont know what its about. And next week is for me and my partner and its about life with a new baby...seem to have skipped a few chapters? I dont really see much point in this as we'll be shown all this once baby is born anyway surely? Not sure whether to bother going now. What do you all reckon? xx:headspin:

Hi Sweetsammi, I am not taking birth classes aka lamaze classes but am taking a birth yoga class which prepares your body physically and mentally for birth. I think the classes can be very helpful and definitely feel more comfortable and informed since beginning mine.

I say give it a go and if you don't like it or feel as though you are getting anything out of it you can call it quits.

We've been to two out of three classes (last one is tonight) and to be honest they're not very interesting. However, it was good to see forceps etc up close and personal. Tonight is what we've been waiting for - the physiotherapist is going over positions for labour and breathing etc which should hopefully be a laugh. We'll wait and see.

Hi Sweetsammi, I am not taking birth classes aka lamaze classes but am taking a birth yoga class which prepares your body physically and mentally for birth. I think the classes can be very helpful and definitely feel more comfortable and informed since beginning mine.

I say give it a go and if you don't like it or feel as though you are getting anything out of it you can call it quits.

Oooh i really wanna do pregnancy yoga classes also! But there are none in my area and as me or my partner dont drive its really difficult. :( We dont seem to have anything here in Derby. Really sucks. Only just been informed also that the birth workshop tonight is no longer at my hospital but at some health centre in a another town..which i havnt a clue how to get to :( So annoying. I wanna get out there and meet other mums to be cus i think you get really isolated at times and its hard to express ya feelings to people that havnt been there! But they aint makin it easy for me. xx

Hey, I'm also from Derby :) Is your birth workshop at Coleman Street Health Centre by any chance? I had my first one there last week, and my second one is next week. It wasn't really exactly what I expected. We had a lot of cards with questions on, and then answered them in groups and passed them around. Then we put a kind of timeline of birth in order and talked about it all. We also talked about positions for giving birth, the best position for baby to be born in, massage during labour, etc. I know you said your birth workshop is tonight, so this is probably a little late so sorry.

Hey, I'm also from Derby :) Is your birth workshop at Coleman Street Health Centre by any chance? I had my first one there last week, and my second one is next week. It wasn't really exactly what I expected. We had a lot of cards with questions on, and then answered them in groups and passed them around. Then we put a kind of timeline of birth in order and talked about it all. We also talked about positions for giving birth, the best position for baby to be born in, massage during labour, etc. I know you said your birth workshop is tonight, so this is probably a little late so sorry.

Ooooh yay someone else from Derby :hi: yeah it is at coleman street! I dont know Alvaston, i literally only know city centre as I havnt lived here that long. I thought it was going to be about labour, you know breathing techniques and things. Only reason i wanted to go. Too late now anyway as it started at 6. Do you think Ive missed out on anything? Its really nice there's someone else on here from Derby :) xx

I don't think you really missed out on anything big.. They just went through the usual information really - about pain relief and stages of labour mainly. There wasn't anything at all to do with breathing exercises. I live in Alvaston so that's why I asked if you were at Coleman St. What date is your second birth workshop on?

Lauren-Kate, it's next weds life with your baby i think

That's when mine is. It's strange... when I first came on this board, your post was the first one I read, and you're in Derby. You could have been ANYWHERE in the world.

LOL I know tis strange. Do you know what you're having? My OH's work friend has offered to give us a lift to the next birth workshop next week as his partner is going. So I will see you there! :) x

I'm expecting a boy.. I was told on my first scan and then they reassured me that he was a boy on my second scan. I'm really hoping they're right 'cos I seem to have acquired hundreds and hundreds of blue boys clothes! If they say 'he' is a girl when born I won't have a clue what to do lol.

Yeah same here..they said they like 95% sure. Oh well, i guess if it comes down to that we'll just have to have a lil girl in blue dungarees 4 the first 3 months or so lol. Gues it better than a boy in a pink dress. x

I'm sure almost everything of mine has cars on. She'd have to be a tomboy for a while, and I'd have to put up with everyone thinking she was a boy lol. Nvm, at least I've got a few neutral things to make sure.. Still, you're right, it's better than a boy being dressed in pink dresses, he really wouldn't thank you when he's older. x

lol no he deffo would not! its nice 2 have found someone similar age as me in Derby with similar due date. Dont feel so much of a loner nw lol. x

We didn't bother with those classes and I don't feel like I missed out at all. Giving birth came naturally, they show you how to bath your baby if you want.. in fact, im sure they'd show you anything you were feeling a bit unsure about!

I already knew how to change nappies, make up formula etc etc but if you don't they can probably be helpful. If you want it more for the social aspect, then go ahead. :)

GL whatever you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->