Birthing ball

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
So I got a gym ball yesterday. Do I literally just bounce on it or rock or what? Any suggestions?! x

I'm getting one this weekend so I'll be stalking.

I'm using it this early cuz of some pelvic pains I've got and was recommended by my physio. So all I know are a few waist and hips exercises but nothing for preparing for labour as such.

I used to rock. If you google there are some videos.

I am getting mine today :D

Move your hips round, like hoola hooping but on the ball! And bounce with your legs spread wide, its meant to make baby engage more.

I'll find out on Tues if its been working for me, hoping baby is engaged and Im at least a few cm dilated! Hopeful wishing!

Youtube have some good videos, check them out too. Have fun!

Thank you!! I hadn't thought of YouTube!! On Thursday baby was 2/5 engaged, so anything to help her!! x

Im bouncing and hula hooping my hips on it!!

I'm bouncing on mine when I watch telly and in the evenings the midwife said it helps with the pelvic floor and moving the baby to the front. Also just sitting on it improves your posture and lines everything up as it should be :haha:. Am currently 3/5 engaged so not quite there yet will keep on bouncing!:thumbup:

I have mine now but its in the car needs to be blown up, think I will get OH to do it later x

Yep. Bounce, rock, make circles, do whatever is fun... Just sitting on it helps to spread the pelvis and gives our babies more room to come down, and then the other movements help to rock, roll, and pull them down into a good position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->