Birthing classes

Nariah01

Reaction score
Alright so I have a question for all of you who are moms or are further along then me. Or pretty much anyone I guess.

When did you all start taking birthing classes if you took any at all? I am 14 weeks and it feels like its kind of early to go yet but I am not really sure when a good time to go is. I have found maybe one that looks like it meets my needs, but I was going to look a bit more since money is a bit tight and the other class is a bit much.

Also anyone suggest taking more then just the basic class that most go to? I have decided for now, may change my mind that I am going to be optimistic and shoot for a natural birth, so I figure I may need to take more classes to learn good natural pain relief. Any suggestions?

Not sure if your from UK but theres free classes for mums to be.
I didnt take any classes for breathing or helping pain relief etc just a class once a week that basically covered everything from knowing your in labour and how far gone you are to how to bath the newborn baby.
Im not taking any of them this time round but i started them once a week classes around 16/17 weeks .. Im almost 19 weeks now (tickers wrong) and im planning to start pregnancy yoga and pregnancy swimming classes in the next couple of weeks and hoping that'll help me to relax and teach me relaxation methods for labour xx

Usually you take them in their trimester so after 28 weeks, I would say start it around 32 weeks though so you don't forget by the time you have baby

We started ours when I was 31 weeks (usually it's early to mid-3rd tri). If you are planning a natural birth, I'd highly recommend doing an NCT class. Ours was fantastic. The midwife who taught it was so much more experienced in natural (and home) birth than your average NHS midwife. It was such a positive, empowering experience and we made some great friends. I still see the girls from my class a few times a month now that our babies are here and they have been a great source of support. We were planning a home birth, so going to a hospital for the NHS class just wasn't for us. The NCT class was in the teachers home and we'd all bring snacks to share. It was great. They aren't cheap, but you can get reduced fee classes if your income isn't high. You just have to ask about it when you book.

I'd also really recommend Natal Hypnotherapy for pain relief if you are planning a natural birth. It worked great for me. You can take the actual class, but honestly the CD and book are great and you can just learn on your own at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->