Birthing Pool

L

lepaskilf

Hi all, I hope everyone is enjoying the easter break!!!! :happydance:

Was just wondering if anyone has used a birthing pool for labour but has also had a normal labour with another child?.........Could you compare the two? Which was less painful/ more relaxing?

Also has anyone used a TENS machine and what would they prefer.....a birthing pool or TENS.

I've just gone in to my 2nd Trim and this is my 1st pg so trying to put together a bithing plan, I want it as natural as possible (mainly because I don't like needles!!!!!).........Your answers will help me loads xxxxx :hugs:

For me personally I found getting in a pool slowed down my contractions and i hated it, its one of those things that work for some and not for others, wouldnt want to put you off though hun, you might love it! xxx

i was told recenly lying down delays ur labour so they recommend a birthing pool near to the final stages of labour. A tens is great in the early stages of labour as it helps confuse ur mind about the pain, nr the middle/end the pain is too strong and they r pretty useless i think so both good for different stages i reckon.
this time im having baby at home and if im in a lot of pain ill have a warm bath. its the warmth that helped me with the pain - like a hot water bottle does if u get bad period pain. its just 1000 times worse lol :)
good luck with what u decide to do xx

Tens is very good for early labour as it allows you to deal with the pain better, getting you further in to labour before you need stronger pain relief. Birthing pools are normally used once you have are past the 4-5cm stage - they enable you to move about easily to a variety of different positions, and the warm water can help ease your pain. Its a very personal choice - good luck with it all xxx

With my 1st labour i initially started using a tens but didn't like it. When i got to hospital i used the birthing pool and gas and air for pain relief which was fab for me. I really found the pool eased some of the pain. However i didn't give birth in the pool, i got out and gave birth on the bed.
With my 2nd labour i decided on a home birth. I really wanted to have a birth pool but for safety reasons ( my midwife wanted 4 people present in case they had to get me out) i decided against one and just used gas and air instead.
The pool was great and if i'd had the opportunity to use one 2nd time round then i would have done.
However my 2nd labour was much quicker than my 1st so we probably wouldn't have had time to fill the pool anyway!!

Cheers guys, I'm liking the birthing pool alot more now! (I'm a woose with pain!!!!!) xxx

i have only had 1 baby and used the birthing pool, i enjoyed it but personally dont know if id have another one but it was a good experience. i didnt find the water eased the pain though, it seemed to stay the same but the gas and air and the water defo relaxed me, it nearly sent me to sleep!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->