Birthing stool / tens machine

tamsiewho

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hope everyone is as well as can be expected by now ;)

I'm really keen to use a birthing stool during labor, but my local hospital where we are having the baby doesn't have them, nor do the midwives. The ones online are very expensive!

Anyone recommend where to get a birthing stool at a reasonable price please? I did read that people used a camping toilet, any experience?

Whilst we are here, anyone recommend where the cheapest place to get a tens machine is too please?

Thanks very much! Xx

I don't have any advice but didn't want to r and r, I would say though when I was in labour with my son sitting in that position (like on the toilet) was not easy in labour. I found leaning over a ball/hubby the easiest. So it might be something you splash out on and don't use! The tens machine was fab though, I can't advise on cost as I borrowed from a friend, good luck x

Not sure about the chair, as my hospital have them but have you asked your hospital about the TENS machine? They might be able to get a hold of one for you :)

Thanks for replies!

There seems to be lots of tens machines, so just going to do some research and buy one they are about 20-30 £s so that's fine...my partner has a bad baby anyway so we will make use of it after.

Hoping someone will have some info on birthing stools...I know everyone finds different positions easier, but I'm keen in the stool position.

Thanks you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"