Bit of a cheeky question for homeowners

We did first buyer scheme low deposit.
house was 119k. deposit 6k

£250k house, 15% deposit, 1% stamp duty and about £1500 for other fees.

Our house was 122k we put down 10% and had a few grand for solicitors and mortgage fees.
We could have put down more but decided we would use it to upgrade the house instead.
Xx

Our mortgage is 145 and we bought under a government scheme where they pay the deposit for equity in our house. We can pay them off. Our fees were around 1200.

Our flat cost £109K last year and we put £32K down as a deposit however our mortgage is only 12 years so repayments are still quite high

My first place was $118k, put down a couple thousand I think, plus government grant type thing. The whole property was a mistake… renting it now. It's not worth anywhere near that… thanks America!

2nd place we live in now is $200k, put down 20% to avoid paying mortgage insurance. I don't know if you have that in the UK, but it's not insurance for you. It's insurance to make sure you pay the bank what you owe them. It's ridiculous and you should avoid it if possible. New house is great and worth more than that now I think.

Seriously, be careful what you buy or you might really regret it! :( We have such a mess right now. Do as much research as you can and get someone who really knows houses to look it over. Don't trust all the inspectors and certainly not the real estate agents.

Subscribing here. Me and oh currently have £6k saved. Seeing what other people said I'm doubtful wel ever get a deposit :(

Honestly, and not to be depressing to anyone, but you should really have $5000-$10000 in savings besides the deposit to spend on roofing repairs etc… whatever large repairs might come up. Foundation trouble, flooding, air conditioners… I hate real estate right now, can you tell? :nope:

Subscribing here. Me and oh currently have £6k saved. Seeing what other people said I'm doubtful wel ever get a deposit :(

Look at home ownership schemes run by the council :)
We had a large deposit thanks to my OH's parents and money he made off his flat

Honestly, and not to be depressing to anyone, but you should really have $5000-$10000 in savings besides the deposit to spend on roofing repairs etc… whatever large repairs might come up. Foundation trouble, flooding, air conditioners… I hate real estate right now, can you tell? :nope:

in the uk you can pay £800 for a full survey which will tell you before you buy if there any thing wrong with the house so you can adjust the price you offer.

look at the government website Money Advice. will give you details on various schemes. like the Help to Buy where you only need 5%deposit or a part buy part rent scheme where you just pay for the bit you can afford and the rent the rest.

We could probably easily get our savings up to 8-9k in a few months due to downsizing to a smaller cheaper place to rent. We also have the option to buy our new flat and do it up (just cosmetic stuff new flooring tiling in kitchen and change the bathroom and decor) for about£120k so I guess with 5% we have that now x

250k, 75k deposit as we made a bit on a previous property. We recently got the house valued as we are looking at moving next year and it's now worth 275k it's the fees and stamp duty that are the big issue to moving though considering we only have a 35% mortgage currently.

My house is £132k and we put down £15k :)

Have a look if they do the 95% mortgage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->