Bit of advice please ladies

lauzie84

Mummy to Amy & Katie
Reaction score
Hi ladies - I hope you don't mind me popping in for a bit of advice. A friend of ours had her little girl on monday at 32 weeks exactly. The wee poppet weighs 3lb 6.

Anyhow, our friend got out of hospital yesterday, and her wee woman Elise will understandably be in hospital for a while yet.

I was wanting to get something for each of them, but would like it to be something practical. I didn't really want to go down the route of getting a 0-3 outfit as I know the wee woman won't fit into any of that anytime soon. So really I was just wanting a bit of advice as to what you feel I could buy as a gift for them?

Many thanks in advance

Laura xx

Honestly i found so few people gave me anything because they were too worried baby wouldn't make it, it's fantastic you are getting them anything :) It is pretty hard to buy things for prems but it can be for when she gets home..you aren't allowed to have much stuff around your babies crib anyway. They usually come out when they are close to term so if that's the soonest she'll get use of anything anyway, just get what you'd get any new born. Otherwise plenty of places do sell prem size clothes and it does feel nice to put something on them that is theirs. and remember...say congratulations (heaps of people don't to prem mums) and don't say "at least you didn't have to push out a big full term baby" because everyone says it and its mean because we'd rather push out 10 pounders than have babies in scbu/nicu... actually there is a whole thread devoted to things not to say to prem mums in here. Anyway, yay for you being such a good friend.

Congratulations to your friend!

I am guessing that she wasn't expecting to have such a tiny baby so early and so it is unlikely she will have many babygros and vests etc to fit her (I know I didn't) so anything like that would probably be appreciated! Loads of shops do prem stuff and I know Mothercare do a range for up to 5lb babies (I think Next did too). The hospital will have clothes she can use but it is so much nicer to be able to dress your baby in your own cute stuff....helps you feel like your baby is actually yours!

Perhaps you could make a lil pamper pack for mum too, give her a chance to recouperate before LO comes home

Thanks for the replies - I think I will get some vests and babygrows. Would I be best to get the vests that button up the front?

Perhaps you could make a lil pamper pack for mum too, give her a chance to recouperate before LO comes home

This is a great idea hun.....any ideas what I could put in it?

hmmm what would i like? Nice bath stuff and pamepring gear!!!
Oh and I would have loved one of these https://www.earlybaby.co.uk/prod5.asp?ID=276&offset=0&prod_id=111&grpid=111

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->