Bit of advice pls :)

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
Jut looking for a bit of advice, my LO is 24 weeks, and we started weaning early at 5 months due to poor weight gain for his reflux, and things have improved with his weight.

What I am wondering is how long do you keep giving the milk before the solids? and when do they start dropping bottles, and replacing some bottles at meal times for water instead. I've noticed he's not having as much milk since I started the solids which I asumme is normal. He was on 8oz and I have dropped his bottles to 7oz now. He has 4 bottles in 24 hours.

7-8am - 7oz offered takes around 6oz, I usually let the milk settle for a short while then give some breakfast usually baby porridge, fruity cereal etc maybe half an hour after?
11-12 - 7oz milk offered usually has the lot, then half a jar of baby food, and maybe some purreed fruit
3-4pm - 7oz, has around 6oz
5pm - half a jar of baby food, half a jar of pudding, water offered
7pm - 7oz of milk offered, drinks between 4-5oz of that, then bed.

Am I doing ok? just thinking really with the solids maybe hes not having 'that' much as hes still full up on milk, I know its different but if I had a big drink and then my meal I prob wouldn't eat much either! Which makes me think maybe the solids should be offered first and then the milk, but then I run the risk of him having even less milk, and I know how important his milk feeds remain at this stage, thxs xxx :thumbup:

Sounds like he's doing fine to me hun, he already has his tea/dinner with no bottle right? So all you need to do is switch the morning around a little and you can end up not giving milk at meals at all, but still give him hs milk.

Perhaps you could pull back his lunchtime bottle to around 11am and then do his lunch at 12/12.30 then at least its separated from the meal itself. I think that way you'll find it easier in the transition of keeping milk and meals apart.

He will just drop milk feeds by himself but may need a little help, i really need to give Brooke a nudge to drop her afternoon milk feed, she still has 3 bottles a day :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->