Bit of an odd question....does using entonox count as a natural birth?

Cat_pj

Reaction score
I was desperate for all the pain relief I could get in labour, but in the end it was too late and all I had was the G&A (wasn't happy about that at the time!) now upon reflection I'm very proud of myself, and I know you don't get a medal for having a 'natural' birth but I was wondering whether as entonox is classed as analgesia its pain relief right? So is it natural? Thanks ladies! :thumbup:

It's a funny one. Some people would class a natural labour as one that is done vaginally. Some would say no epi, no analgesia.
I would consider only using gas & air to be natural. Well done mumma! :thumbup:

I classify anything that doesn't effect baby to be natural. If you say that NO pain relief counts as a natural birth then you would have to say things like Hypno and water aren't natural seeing as technically they are forms of "pain" relief. If that makes sense.

Oh, so what I mean is yes if you use Gas and Air it's still a natural birth. But adding Diamorphine or that other stuff that begins with a P that my sleepy brain can't name right now, then no I wouldn't say it was natural.

Pethidine Jenni! :rofl: You poor tired thing.

Thank you! Yeah actually it makes sense that 'relieving' the pain can be anything that helps you cope with it- even if its water etc. Cheers for clearing that up for me! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->