Bit scared about late ovulation

xsadiex

Reaction score
Last month I ovulated on day 35 of my cycle :o and I think it's going to happen again this month.

What could this mean?
I came off the pill three/four months ago, could it be this? I hope I'm not infertile :(

it may just be your body adjusting to coming off the pill.
if your concerned please visit your doctor :)

Yes I will probably go to the doctor!
Just wanted to know what it could mean? (For other women who have it)
My last cycle was 45 days.

hi there, i have seemed to been O around CD 18.....

I have only just started to get periods back on my own naturally, but this cycle it dosent look like im going to O at all :(

I tested at midday with a clearblue O test and still neg :(

just praying i ovulate. This cycle i took soya on CD 2-7.....

fxd were just late ovulating xxx

It's ok to ovulate that late as long as your LP is long enough, which it sounds like it is (10 days). When I conceived my DS, I ovulated on CD20 or CD21, my usual cycle is 30 days, which means my LP was only 10 days as well and I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby :thumbup:

If your worried your cycles are that long, you definitely could see your doc, but it's not uncommon, my DH is a doctor and says OB's usually consider a cycle to be "normal" if it falls within a range of 21-45 days, and it's more about consistency than length, so if you always have a 45 day cycle, then that's "normal" however if it's 28 days one month then 45 the next, then you do have irregular cycles and it's best to see your doctor to help optimize your chances of conceiving :D

GL hun!

Thank you so much for the wise words! Will track my cycles and see xx

How long is your typical cycle hun? You still have time to O since you're only on CD19, so I wouldn't count yourself out just yet unless your cycle is on the shorter side.

I'm sure your body is still getting back into the swing of regular cycles if you recently came off the pill as well, but if it's taking too long in your opinion, you can always see your doc and get a boost with ovulation, I was prescribed Clomid and conceived DS the 1st month I ovulated while taking it :D it's just good to know you have options :hugs:

I agree, it could still be your body just getting used to being off the pill. Especially if you were on it for a long period of time. My first cycle off the pill I ovulated on CD30 and got pregnant. Unfortunately I miscarried at 9 weeks. After my miscarriage my Dr prescribed my clomid to move my ovulation date up. I knew in my case it was not just me coming off the pill as I have always (even since a teenage) had really long cycles, 45+ days. Clomid helped to move my ovulation date up to CD 19-20 so not a large jump but I did conceive my third cycle on Clomid and Im now 12 weeks pregnant.

If you continue to have long cycles you might consider talking to your dr.

Well here i am on cd#45 and i believe i ovulated today. I was always regular in my cycles. Then 2 cycles ago it went to 36 days (my norm is 28-30). This cycle... i'm on day 45.

I went to the doctor yesterday, had a sono and it showed i was about to ovulate. My doctor did give me a script for bloodwork to be done on cd#3 once i get AF. He did say that for me to get pregnant this cycle is lower since i've ovulating so late.

Depending on my blood work numbers, he said he might put me on clomid.

So if your cycles continue to be irregular and long... i'd go see your doctor and ask for bloodwork. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->