Biting/clenching

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
So my 11 week old has started clamping down with his gums and then pulling at my nipple! He's done it a few times today and laughs whenever I say oww or no!! Haha. He's been eating anything he can get his hands on lately (clothes/hands/bibs/blankets) could it be teething or just exploring? Xx

It sounds like teething to me. Unfortunately they can teeth for months before seeing a tooth. My LO did that when nursing a few times a couple months ago and then didn't anymore. Hopefully he doesn't keep doing that! I know how much it hurts. Even worse when they have teeth haha of course as they get older and see it makes you sad, it's easier to get them to stop typically.

Thanks hunni! I'm thinking it may be the start of teething too as he doesn't just clamp down on me he likes to chomp down on anything he can get his hands on!! I can't help smiling at him when he does his cheeky smile when I say no! I think that may be making it worse as he might think it's a game!! Uh oh!! X

My Lil fella went through a stage of this ouch. Word of advise don't try to pull him off if he clamps down hold him closer instead. My DS stopped doing it when he realised it stopped the milk

Thanks hunni! I'm thinking it may be the start of teething too as he doesn't just clamp down on me he likes to chomp down on anything he can get his hands on!! I can't help smiling at him when he does his cheeky smile when I say no! I think that may be making it worse as he might think it's a game!! Uh oh!! X

I totally understand. The smiles are just too sweet! At that age, they don't understand "no" anyway. I like the other posters suggestion of pulling closer. Maybe that will write.. Although my instinct was always to pull away a little lol ouch

My ds did this too when younger and teething I someone told me about the pushing closer rather than pulling away and it worked so I have done that this time with DD as she has started doing it too (she is also chomping on anything that she can shove in her mouth and drooling like a madman!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->