Biting while drifting to sleep

HopefulEm

Reaction score
When I nurse my daughter to sleep, sometimes when she's mostly drifted off she starts biting my nipple with her teeth instead of nursing. It's so painful :nope: ...I get my finger in there to get her off as soon as possible, but it still f**ing hurts (and I'm not usually the swearing type).

Is there anyway I can get her to stop doing this? Or just anyone else feeling my pain?

If she was awake I could tell her 'no', but she's obviously not doing it consciously...

I'm sorry I don't have a solution, but I just wanted to say that I feel your pain -- literally!! My LO does this at the end of a bfing session sometimes, and it is so, so painful. She is only 6 months (and has 2 teeth) so I can't tell her "no" but, ouch!

DS does this at 2, I make a loud "ouch" like I did when he was awake, and it stirs him enough to quit but not enough to really wake him.

Both of my boys have done this and it really hurts! Especially when you're nodding off to sleep yourself lol. The problem with both of mine was they didn't seem to realise they were doing it, just seemed to do it while drifting off, so with both I had to watch them for signs that they were going off to sleep and remove my nipple carefully, often they would wake back up and want more milk, then 5 mins later do it again (and again and again) until eventually they got used to coming off just before drifting off to sleep, which is useful in itself in the long run!

My lo.did this when he first got his top.teeth, it lasted a month or two then he stopped once he was used to having teeth I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->