Biting :(

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on. My little guy has starting biting me at the end of nursing sessions. :(

He's 15 months. I'm 12 weeks pregnant (so it's pretty painful all on its own now!) He started it one day last week and he bit me at the end of each session that whole day. Then it stopped. But then he started again last night.

I've been trying to watch him and end the session before he bites but if it's at night and I'm barely awake it's hard. We bed share and he still wakes every 1-2 hours all night.

When he bites I say no (calmly) and remove myself and then don't let him relatch. Sometimes he laughs at me and sometimes he gets upset.

Since I am pregnant I worry that it's because my milk is changing. Or maybe I have less.

I really don't know what to do. I'm so sad that he started doing this. :(

Sorry I don't have advice, but we are going through a sort of biting period too. I think lo's is teething related though. He bites more at the start. Just wanted to give a hug. It hurts so much!! I hope you find a solution.

Thank you. Hugs for you too. I hope it stops soon with your kiddo too.

My little guy is getting a molar. It doesn't really seem like teething because it's just one bite at the end. He's progressively biting harder and yesterday I had to put my finger between his teeth to get him to open his mouth. :(

:hugs: :hugs: stalking this thread to see if others have advice

LO just started this a few days ago (she's ~7months... thank goodness no teeth yet!!). She would clamp down so hard... then did a little head shake. YOwZA! :dohh: then she gave me a huge smile :wacko: then I would say "no" and if she did it again... I assumed she's done.

last night... she did this 5 times in a row... she was fussing after she unlatched. Then I squeezed her hand when she did it again and said "No Baby!" (pure reflection as I was holding on to her hand when she nursed). After 5 bites... I got frustrated and pinched her cheek! :)blush: I feel so guilty) and yes.. she cried for a little bit (sounded like a complaining cry). Then she proceed to nursed and no biting.

:shrug: I hope it's gone for good :wacko:

I hope she doesn't bite any more. :(

My guy is still doing it today. Not every time, but I'm trying to be really vigilant and stopping him before he looks like he will bite.

LO went through a couple of biting phases. The first time, he was younger and it turned out that he had an ear infection.

The second phase he started biting, I yelled out a couple of times before I could stop myself and he found it hilarious. After that, he thought it was a game and would try to garner a reaction. The thing that put a stop to it was pretty much what you are doing - calmly saying no. I'd cover up and tell him that he did not get to feed if he bit me. I would not allow him back on for about 10 minutes. It took a few days of doing that, but he got the message, and didn't try to bite again.

Thank you. I am trying so hard not to have a reaction but sometimes it catches me off guard. No shouting just breathing in quickly through my teeth. I'm still saying no and not letting him nurse for a while.

It's gotten weird lately, though. He will pinch me between his teeth hard just enough to hurt and then pull away, pulling me through his teeth. He didn't do that before, just these past few days. And not always. I don't really understand it.

He gets upset when I won't let him nurse again right away. I just give him a cuddle and tell him that I'm sorry but biting hurts mommy and you can't have milk if you bite. Hopefully he'll stop soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->