Black Cohosh Root? (tea) Is anyone familiar with it?

Jaycrew

Reaction score
On CD 3 Wanted to get a tea that promotes womans health and calmeness etc. (very moody pms etc.) I bought the tea and im researching it- says its good for infertility etc but should not be used at all during pregnancy.

So I'm thinking to take it this week going into CD 13 and then stop. I dont have an infertility issues and neither does DH - just kinda got back on the TTC tip and thought this may be a nice jump start.

Anyone have any advice? Or experiences with Black Cohosh Root tea?

I have no experience with the tea. But for 3 weeks or so I did take black cohosh root tablets. Honestly, I didnt notice much of a difference. Though my husband did say I was nicer lol. I took it to help me O and I still havent, though I started feeling pregnant about a week ago so stopped taking it just incase. Taking a test tomorrow!

Sorry i couldnt be more helpful!

I have no experience with the tea. But for 3 weeks or so I did take black cohosh root tablets. Honestly, I didnt notice much of a difference. Though my husband did say I was nicer lol. I took it to help me O and I still havent, though I started feeling pregnant about a week ago so stopped taking it just incase. Taking a test tomorrow!

Sorry i couldnt be more helpful!

No - you are helpful- i think as well it calmed me down (maybe its in my mind-) but I just took it and I feel a little less irritable. Yeah- and I would have done the same thing to with stopping it. I plan on stopping in 10 days. How do you track your OV?

Ive been temping ( though as dd doesnt sleep for more than a few hours at a time, its not very accurate) and I take o tests. Ive had 1 positive in the last 7 months, but it came with no temp rise.

I do have infertility issues at the moment, I havent gotten af back since having the implant removed in april, so as I took an hpt today which was bfn, im going back on vitex as when I was taking that, I got my positive opk. Then i stopped as I read somewhere I shouldnt take it after o. So I figure maybe if id carried on I would have gotten the actual o, as opposed to just an lh surge.

got you- yeah those implants I think can be a little tricky - but not impossible at all- I don't know if it does something to the hormones or what. I've gotten mixed reviews about them from women going on and off of it. I'm not familiar myself with it though. In the meantime - just continue to help your body along. Yoga, detox, although I'm not a real holistic person but I found that the holistic approaches work. Change of diet- and maybe try Rasberry leaf tea and peppermint tea- I looked up the benefits and it seems to help with leveling our hormone levels and good with missed OV. (Rasberry tea) I may try it- not sure - because I do ovulate but I still would like a balance- I get irritable very easily. I was on depo and that thing messed me up so bad - I cried and cried - but I went on the pill and became pregnant after that.

Ive been temping ( though as dd doesnt sleep for more than a few hours at a time, its not very accurate) and I take o tests. Ive had 1 positive in the last 7 months, but it came with no temp rise.

I do have infertility issues at the moment, I havent gotten af back since having the implant removed in april, so as I took an hpt today which was bfn, im going back on vitex as when I was taking that, I got my positive opk. Then i stopped as I read somewhere I shouldnt take it after o. So I figure maybe if id carried on I would have gotten the actual o, as opposed to just an lh surge.

:hugs:

Hey I wanted to share this with you Destiny

"Chasteberry
Including chasteberry supplements or chasteberry tea in your diet may increase your chances of getting pregnant. An article on iParenting notes that chasteberry can stimulate the pituitary gland to release luteinizing hormone. This hormone promotes ovulation and helps balance progesterone, a hormone that can contribute toward fertility problems when your body isn't producing the right amount. Research published in the April 2004 "Journal of Reproductive Medicine" reports that women who took fertility supplements containing chasteberry had a better chance of conceiving. The BabyCenter website notes that you should stop taking chasteberry when you do become pregnant since this herb encourages menstrual bleeding."

Just sharing- I came across it just now- xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"