Black genes faster at running

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Just saw a piece on bbc1 and I find it fascinating!

I saw that too, it could be many things attributing to it, for example hot climate and motivation. But it is interesting, Usain Bolt is just amazing to watch lol

and worse at swimming..........as the bones are more dense. :D

Oh yeah, never noticed that the pools are full of white people (and a few very fast asian!)

As long as we don't get carried away with genetics and use them to define people before they've been given a fair chance at something, I think there is a lot of very fascinating science in the various athletic strains in the human genome.
I listened to some really interesting radio documentaries on why Kenyans are such dominant distance runners and it was amazing evolutionary stuff.
I get my science geek on with that kind of thing.. :blush:

I saw the same thing you did online (I think)

It is fascinating, some people think that the genetic difference between black and white people (for example) are limited to the color of their skin and typical facial feature. But it SO much more than that!

You said yourself about them being better runners, but there is also studies about some viruses/infections they are immune to, some others that they are more sensible too. (even people born in America or Europe). There immune system is not like ours. I actually went to a medical seminar a few months ago on that very subject.

As far as I know it has something to do with muscle fiber and bone density.. and a thing called myosin or something.... I should've payed more attention at school really! I noticed that the majority of swimmers are white too. It's interesting actually x

I didn't but it sounds like an interesting watch

My OH (who's black with Caribbean decent) always says "black people don't float" lol
How true that is I don't know?!

Cx

My OH (who's black with Caribbean decent) always says "black people don't float" lol
How true that is I don't know?!

Cx

My fiance is nigerian and can't float! I have tried tog et him to do it many times but he always sinks :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->