General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Well, full flow hasn’t started yet so that reassures me about the LP. 9 is definitely far worse than 11, but I’d heard 12+ is ideal.

Dobs ah I see new found glory on there, I follow the wife (Lisa) of one of the band members (Chad) on IG. She’s a singer as well, and quite an impressive one. Chad has been dealing with crazy medical issues, he nearly died from a pheochromocytoma (brain tumor), and they’ve got a 3 year old daughter. Wild stuff.

Flueks oh geez, I’m sorry you guys were affected by the hurricane. Thank God you’re all safe. <3 :hugs:

Flueks!! Omg how scary!! I’m so glad y’all are OK and were relatively unscathed. I hope the water is back on soon! Did y’all lose power? We were very fortunate and just got a lot of rain in the area, and some localized flooding but nothing major.

Shae I hope you can come in clutch with another chance this cycle.

Dobs I’ll have to look into spotify, might be good in the car. We usually just listen to music on YouTube.

Afm…ultrasound is friday. I am so nervous! But more than nerves for the ultrasound, I’m SOOO nervous for genetic testing. I don’t think I will be able to breathe easier until that comes back ok…and then I’ll just be a nervous nelly about preeclampsia. But I feel like I can handle that better than the rest of these nerves. I’ll be happy to finally have pregnancy confirmed though because my brain is still not completely believing this is happening.

Hi ladies, I used to post here a lot, now my youngest is about to be three and a half and we're talking about trying for a baby sometime this year or into the spring so NTNP. But I'm so excited (it's really my husband who wants to take it casually and I'm humouring him) Do you mind if I join you? :)

Welcome to the group! We need some fresh blood ;)

Gigs I cannot believe it's almost ultrasound time! How exciting! Hoping all goes well. Def update us and share pics :). Yeah I didn't mind the ads but then I started using playlists at work so I went ahead and invested in the ad free version. Oh and when you pay you can skip songs more easily whereas before it operated more like Pandora.

Shae I think the only concern is that you mentioned you worry about being a late implanter/ your mom not getting her positives until later. I think 11 is solid though.

AFM got my first home chef box and I'm already so unimpressed. The packaging is outrageous, It was delivered so late in the day that I couldn't be bothered to cook anything on Sunday to avoid cooking tonight/ Sunday night. My idea of oven ready/ express cooking and their idea of oven ready are very different lol. I'm also really not impressed with the calorie count for the satiety on my first meal. Now it could be because I've not been drinking my protein and I've had all of like 200 calories before I came home for dinner... but I'm struggling not to start eating snacks haha.

haha well @autumnal you're in good company, this is #4 for me (not that I was trying) and we have another here who did actively ttc and have a fourth not to long ago, if she comes back to check in!! psst @PrettyInInk42 where you at girl?

Seems like a lot but after three it's like.....eh what's one more :rofl: (for the record I panic daily, I am not this chill about it haha) -- that said when I was considering a fourth a couple years back I did read over and over from experienced moms that 4 was in many ways easier than 3. I don't remember the logic, except some said it made pairing kids off easier (I don't know, maybe like for carnival rides or something?) -- I can't remember the logic but that's what a lot said.

Dobs what is home chef box? Is that one of those kits that gives you all you need for a meal, then you cook it? I would assume oven ready meant you tear off foil and put it in the oven. That is tempting as someone who doesn't particularly like to cook (well, actually I don't mind cooking, it's the cleaning I despise), but if it doesn't even fill you up...what's the point? Also if your calories for the day aren't that much, girl just eat the snacks!

For what it's worth, I had a coworker once who was like pregnant with twins with like 3 under 5. She used to say that going from 1 to 2 was rough but everyone after that was cake haha. I like even numbers! 6 family total. When you fly, it's three and three. Amusement parks, 3x2. Everybody's got a buddy.

Yeah it's like a mix where you can order lunches, meal kits, express meals, and oven ready meals. I decided to go for it because Forbes said it was on their list for weight loss meal kits. I also got my first box 50% off and they do a 10% recurring discount for teachers. I don't love the price but I spend so much on protein these days that it's not that odd. I just stick to meals that are $9/serving. I also don't love that they don't tell you the express stuff/oven ready stuff only last 3-4 days and the meal kit stuff is like 6. For something I hope to make it through the week, I'm glad I read a review and organized my cooking plan by cooking dates. So my hope was to get some quick and easy dinner meals (ie 3 meals a week since they come in servings of two) and then just keep to my protein, overnight oats, and coco water/dark chocolate for breakfast and lunch and snack. I just get zero joy from my protein powder lol and I'm headless chicken at work rn. The snack issue is the snack is wine and cheetos :rofl:

But like my oven ready thing tonight was shrimp tostadas (I just made tacos nobody has time to crisp tortillas). I could live with: take the shrimp and poblanos and seasoning and mix them in the oven container. They lost me at pulling cilantro leaves to make a slaw. And lost me again at mix this butter into the oven tray when it's done, spread this cream on your tortilla, and add this that the other. I wanna pop your a* in the oven and then pull you out and eat out of the tray. Like Fresh & Easy back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->