Bleed at five weeks.

Pinkys Brain

Reaction score
We're both rather worried due to a heavy red bleed at five weeks, accompanied by cramps. Unfortunately, there's no-one we can speak to until Monday and our scan isn't until the 5th May. If anyone can offer any help or guidance, we need it now more than you can imagine. Thanks. :cry:

Sorry to hear this. Are you still bleeding now?

Ring EPAU on monday hun. They wouldnt see much on a scan at five weeks though. Good luck x

I agree call the epau, or take yourself to the hospital. They can scan on the weekends just have limited staff on. Also they can run bloods. All the best x

Thanks for the advice.
Mrs Pinky woke up this morning with very little blood and with the cramps gone. We rang the EPAU but since the bleeding has stopped, they said there was nothing they could do as at five weeks, nothing would show on a scan. We can't even do a pregnancy test as whatever hormones caused the pregnancy, would still be there even now.

We were told we'd have to wait until our scan on the 5th May to know one way or another but to continue with our pills and pessaries until then. We're both feeling pretty dead inside.

Thanks for the advice.
Mrs Pinky woke up this morning with very little blood and with the cramps gone. We rang the EPAU but since the bleeding has stopped, they said there was nothing they could do as at five weeks, nothing would show on a scan. We can't even do a pregnancy test as whatever hormones caused the pregnancy, would still be there even now.

We were told we'd have to wait until our scan on the 5th May to know one way or another but to continue with our pills and pessaries until then. We're both feeling pretty dead inside.

That's awful! They should at least scan. To just rule out ectopic. I am truly surprised. If you went hospital they would do all those checks. 🙏🏻 all is well. GL

I can't believe they haven't offered to do bloods 48 hours apart :( at least then you'd see what's going on with hormone levels :(
If I was you I'd give my gp a try. I know mine would take pity and do the hcg bloods for me.

I'm so sorry you're left in limbo like this. I hope that this is nothing to worry about and you'll see a beautiful little bean when you eventually have your scan :hugs:

Well we were offered a blood test if Mrs Pinky's bleed became too heavy but since it had near enough stopped (and now stopped completely) they said there was nothing they could do. Thanks for the advice about the GP; I'll give them a ring first thing in the morning. Even a few days is preferable to two weeks.

Bloody ridiculous :( hope you get some joy with your gp.

Hope your GP can be more helpful today, if you're still under the clinic would they be abme to help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->