bleeding 10 1/2 weeks

cierramommy

Reaction score
I have been constipated and I strained to have a bowl movement when I wiped I noticed I was bleeding. Has anyone else had this happen? Very scared we lost twins almost a year ago

Ok this may be a tmi question but was the bleeding coming from your rectum or your vagina?

I'd get checked out and see if you can have a scan. It could be the straining burst a burst blood vessel on your cervix ( harmless enough-the cervix is more prone to bleeding due to hormonal changes)

For me, I had a very big bleed not long after I went to the loo at 12+5 and found out I have a blood clot above the baby called an sch. Baby was/still is doing fine.

But yes, go get yourself checked over :hugs:

I had this this morning after a loose bowel movement, funnily on the day of my scan- was so worried! Anyway had my scan and it's all good dated 13 weeks:) the bleeding stopped straight away. X

This happened to me too my last pregnancy. I was 14-15 weeks at the time. In my case I had bright red bleeding with some very small string like clots in it. The bleeding was off and on for a couple weeks and even had a couple episodes of it up until 24 weeks. I freaked out the first time I saw it and went to the ER. Scan showed baby doing just fine in there and they found what they said was a placental lake. Basically bleeding around a very small edge of the placenta. They put me on MBR but I chose to do full bed rest for 2 weeks just to let things heal in there. Then I was on MBR basically the whole rest of my pregnancy! Everything turned out fine. I just took in really easy the rest of my pregnancy and never strained again! My son is now 14 months and healthy as can be. There are many things that can cause bleeding after straining, in my case I think it was pretty rare. The most common reason after straining is a broken blood vessel on/near the cervix. If you are concerned, why not call your dr? I'm sure they will check to make sure all is well. Good luck!

I bled several times throughout first tri and was fine. However, if you had a bm and you are constipated, it very well could have come from the back, not the front. You should always get it checked out if you are worried though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->