Bleeding 8-12 weeks

lilly88

Reaction score
Hi

Wondering if you ladies can give me any advice (if i'm being honest i'm looking for comfort).

I had my coil removed on the 7th May, fell two weeks later when I O'd and had an early BFP on a FRER. Everything was fine until 6 weeks when i wiped and there was some brown/pink blood. Only lasted that evening and then stopped. I went for an early scan and they found a heart beat and said it was probably just delayed implantation bleeding.

Then at 8 weeks I bled extremely heavily and a doctor at A&E told us that we had lost the baby (there were big clots) and that we would have a scan in the morning to see if anything needed to be removed. I had to stay overnight at the hospital. They did the scan and the baby was absolutely fine, heart beat etc and they said they didn't know exactly why i had been bleeding but that it should stop now. It did stop and then I had another scan a week later and the baby again was fine but they saw a large area of bleed which they said would either come out or be reabsorbed into the body. I got home afterwards and the bleeding started again and hasn't stopped for just over two weeks. It's all brown and old blood and they said not to go back if it was red so I haven't done. We have the "normal" three month scan a week today and I can't get one earlier. I still have morning sickness which is giving me comfort as obviously I can't feel anything etc and it is easing, though if i had had a smooth pregnancy i wouldn't be worrying about that.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks

xx

I haven't had that exact experience but I did have a good bleed around that time and had a subchorionic (sp?) hemorrhage. Where the baby was implanting ended up with a pocket of blood behind the placenta. It bled out and the baby is fine! I'm 38 weeks now ;) it does happen, and if you are still having symptoms try to be optimistic. I know its hard. Every time I saw blood I thought that was it, but it wasn't. The bleeding stopped at right around 13-14 weeks and I haven't had an episode since.

I've had bleeding in both my pregnancies and had haematomas in both pregnancies and babies have been fine (35 weeks now with my second and no bleeding since 17 weeks).

X

I had bleeding on and off in this and my last pregnancy everything was fine XXX

I had bleeding very similar to yours and at the same times too. After my big bleed at 8 weeks (red blood) it took around 3 weeks to finally stop (all brown blood). It is so worrying isn't it. Unfortunately for me it started back up again around 15 weeks and finally stopped at 20 weeks. They said I had a separation of the sac that had caused the bleed. My advice to you is to make sure at your scan they measure the area of blood (if you still have one, it may be all making it's way out now) and ask again for a measurement at the 20 weeks scan (yes you will make it to 20 weeks, I thought I never would with a bleed) just to keep track of it. In the meantime feet up, plenty of water and no strenuous lifting. Good luckx

Thanks so much for your replies, they've really helped me. When it's happening it feels like you're the only one in the world it's happening to (silly, i know) so it's great to hear your success stories!

The bleeding slows down and I think it's about to go (like a little smear of brown blood on the toilet paper) and I get my hopes up and then i get a lot come out on the towel or something.

Monday can't come soon enough!

thanks again, you're all amazing and best of luck with your pregnancies!

xx :hugs::hugs:

I know what you mean, I became a constant toilet paper checker (I still am now lol!) I used to go just to check! good luck for Monday and let us know how you get onx

Had our three month scan yesterday and all was fine!

They don't know why the bleeding started but thank god it stopped about 2 hours after my scan and hasn't started again since (loo paper checker alert!!).

Thanks so much for your comforting posts ladies, really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me!

xx

:happydance::thumbup:

That's great news. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

I had bleeding from weeks 5-10 due to a SCH. It ranged from heavy red to light and dark brown. Both of my boys are still cooking at 31 weeks.

With this pregnancy i bled at 6 weeks then had a huge bleed at 10 weeks and continued to bleed on and off for a further 8 weeks but so far baby is ok and im 20 weeks now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->