bleeding after bfp

LemonSorbet

Reaction score
hi guys. im new and feel sick with worry and sadness.

last night (after much suspicion and waiting), i got a bfp. i also got one this morning (gets a bit obsessive dont it). it wasnt planned but wasnt prevented and i managed to build myself up to the point of telling my bf before he went to work. he was surprised but ok, and we are going to discuss it tonight but we are on the same page. i felt relaxed after telling him. i went for a walk this morning with my mum and had to stop somewhere for a wee.

there was brown blood in my pants! :( tried to remain level headed as its brown but still worried. i have been spotting all day mostly when i wipe (never wiped so much, constsntly in the loo panicking myself now!). now im home and it is pink / red when i wipe. my back is sore but it has been for days so i dont think more than normal but not sure :( i am so worried. i am only 4 weeks i think and know m/c is a real possibility. i have an appt at 5.10 tonight at docs but dont know what they can say or do. :(

im sorry im just so frightened, i havent told my partner yet as hes at work, think he will be quite overwhelmed already

Sorry that your going through this. Maybe you should tell ure partner so u won't be going thru this alone. Hope everything works out hun.

Sorry you are going through this, sounds like maybe you are going through a chemical pregnancy, I suffered one last week and it sounds similar. It could just be implantation bleeding though, and hopefully that's the case. Keep testing and see if the tests are still positive in a day or so x

Sorry you are going through this :hugs: it could be something bad, or it may be nothing at all. I spotted and bled all through last pregnancy, and was spotting this whole time up til a week ago. Haven't had a scan yet, but so far no miscarriage and the spotting stopped. So it's not always a bad sign. I hope everything turns out ok :hugs:

I really hope it is okay. I had bleeding about 5 times (including the day after BFP) from 4 weeks up until 11 weeks and I'm now 15+4 and baby is okay so bleeding is something that is quite common and doesn't always mean there is something wrong. Every time I had it I felt so scared and helpless and it is just the worst feeling in the world.

My thoughts are with you.

I've experienced spotting a few times throughout this pregnancy. I was very worried and scared too since I never had any problem like this in my first pregnancy. The spotting would range from a very small amount to a moderate amount and could be pink or brown. Haven't experienced this in over a week, maybe even 2. Nothing could be found wrong in any ultrasounds & I even got to see the heartbeat in the last ultrasound about two weeks ago. I was told that it could just be old blood around the cervix because nothing has appeared to be wrong. I was also told that spotting isn't nearly as concerning as bleeding- bright red blood with a continuous flow is what they say to watch for.

But, there's no harm done in getting any kind of spotting/bleeding checked on. In my experience, they will check your hcg levels and then do an ultrasound. I would usually ask the results of hcg test before going back for an ultrasound just to calm my fears further.

I won't tell you to relax- because I know that's going to be impossible! But you will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!

thank you everyone. i dont really know where i stand right now. the doctor said it is most likely normal but if it gets heavier, go to hospital.

well that night it did get heavier, not terribly heavy, but enough to be alarming.
we went to the epu and i got sent straight home - i was told that its so early theres no point doing an ultrasound. they didnt do bloods. they said i should go home and miscarry and then test two weeks later incase theres any tissue left in me.
i was distraught and made to feel stupid since it was so early, like it didnt matter. i felt like a drama queen.

i spent the whole night crying, my partner came home bouncing and excited and then i had to tell him on the same day i was losing it. the next day i stayed in bed, sleeping and crying. the bleeding still there but not so much.

the next day i returned to the doctor - i wanted to know for sure, whatever the outcome. well, i had a different doctor. she didnt want to know. said i had been told by the hospital already so why was i there? it was over. again nobody checked anything - not even my cervix.

i am appauled and it has really put me off trying again. i know it was early but i am still a human and i still have feelings. i am still having minimal spotting - its more a small splodge of caramel discharge each day. i just dont know how i feel. i guess i know its over. but i have read so much, about how people had their blood results monitored, how their cervix was checked, how people thought they had lost their babies and hadnt. im just in shock... it all happened in a matter of days. one minute im thinking how im so excited; how i'll need more than a smart car soon; how we will have to move house soon. now, nothing. i feel disappointed in myself. i am 22 and cant hold onto a pregnancy. i feel unvalued like i just dont matter to anyone, even people who are paid to take care of people. im just so tired of being in the dark.

sorry for the sad post, i wanted to update all of you kind people who took the time to answer me. x

I am so sorry for your horrid experience. :hugs:

The only thing I can suggest is taking another test and see if it's gotten any fainter, or if it's still a strong positive, if the line is still there strongly, all hope isn't lost yet, :hugs:

I am going through similar. Got a BFP yesterday and started spotting. Started out brown and now it's turned more red. It's not heavy at all and hasn't filled a liner but I don't know what to think. I haven't taken a digital lot anymore tests because I'm too scared :(

I am going through similar. Got a BFP yesterday and started spotting. Started out brown and now it's turned more red. It's not heavy at all and hasn't filled a liner but I don't know what to think. I haven't taken a digital lot anymore tests because I'm too scared :(

Im so sorry to hear this, how are you getting on now? :(

I have to contact early pregnancy unit tomorrow; its been three weeks tomorrow, so i would be 7 weeks, and got this tonight:

20140526_185736.jpg

so i really have no idea. I dont FEEL pregnant anymore, just sore boobs, and im spotting brown almost daily still. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->