Bleeding After Birth

olivehead

Reaction score
Kinda gross but...how long did you bleed after giving birth (vaginally)?

I only had heavy bleeding for 3 or 4 days after delivery. In fact, some days I don't even need to change my panty liner...though I usually do before bed regardless cause...I dunno, hygiene :p.

However, at 2 weeks postpartum, I will have random gushes of blood/mucus that is fairly bright red - it usually seems to happen after breastfeeding or if I'm having an active day (I have a 3 and 5 year old so that's most days).

I'm a bit more paranoid about it because I had retained a bit of my placenta during this delivery - ugh! Took me 10 minutes to push out the baby and 45 to deliver the placenta. Not a pleasant experience as the doc basically had to manually fish around in my uterus and pull out the pieces in bloody chunks. I know I'd be bleeding heavily and continuously if there were still remnants of placenta so I'm sure it's fine but you know how it is - still a lingering thought in the back of my head.

Anyway, out of curiosity, when did the bleeding stop for you?

Heavily for a week, then very light for another 2 weeks.

Mine was heavy for 3-4 days and then pretty light until day 10 it got heavier again but I think I was trying to do to much to soon. After 2 weeks it's been spotting, I'm 4 weeks pp now and I'm still spotting but it's so light that it seems like it's going to stop any day but hasn't yet

1st about 4 weeks, 2nd about 5 heavy days then it lightened out. Both injection third stage.

3rd im on day 2 its a lot lighter but gushes. I had natural third stage was told to expect heavier bleeding.

everyone is different. It took me 8 weeks to completely stop bleeding. some days i hardly bleed, just depended on how active i was during that day

First baby was heavy for 6-8 weeks
Second was heavy for a week or two, then had random heavy and light days til about 5 weeks post partum.

Ugh they dont really prepare u much for this part do they!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->