• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleeding after miscarriage

EverythingXd

Reaction score
Hi ladies, wonder if any of you can relate?

I had a MMC diagnosed on 26/06. I took pessaries later the same day and miscarried that evening. I was around 11wks+4days, and baby died around 8wks+5 :cry:

I bled as I would expect to for the first week, but then I had an infection so took antibiotics for a week. Bleeding had tailed off but still spotted. I did a pregnancy test 09/07 which was still light positive, but a repeat one a week ago (13/07) showed negative.

I then had a couple of days of no bleeding, and what looked like fertile CM. then 16/07 I had bad pain which went within half an hour and some spotting with it (I thought this might be O, but the sticky thread about what to expect seems to suggest it would be far too early). Then the odd bit of spotting. I thought I had finally stopped bleeding / spotting, but then today I've had bleeding more like a light period, heavier than the spotting - it is now more than 3 weeks since my MC.

Is this normal do you think? I thought if I had retained tissue I wouldn't get a negative HPT. Is it possible the infection has prolonged the bleeding? I've had no pain since 16/07. Any thoughts / experience ladies please?

Sorry for long post, and thanks in advance for any answers.

Do you think it could be your first period hun? Are u having any other signs of infection? If your concerned of retained tissue maybe you could request a scan to see if everything has gone?

It wouldn't be impossible for you to be having your period now though, especially if you've had a negative HPT.

Sorry your going through this. I'm currently going through a MC at the moment and I think I'm through the worst of it. I'm trying to stay positive and hoping AF arrives and my cycles sort out quickly so we can try again xxx

Hi Jessie, so sorry to hear you are going through a MC too. I saw on another thread you have a BO, so sad :hugs:

I have done the same as you, tried to stay positive and just want to get on with TTC.

There's definitely no smell any longer, and I never had any other symptoms with my infection anyway. Today I've got a heavy flow and it definitely looks like my period, but I didn't have sore boobs or bloat that often precedes it. I guess it's just all out of whack! I thought your new cycle wasn't meant to start until you get a BFN / bleeding stops, but if this is AF that gives me a 10 day cycle lol! And I spotted for some of that too!

Hopefully all will get back to some normality for this new cycle. I guess I'm on CD2! :happydance:

Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for you hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->