• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bleeding after pap smear

lysan

Reaction score
I am about 18 weeks now, but my blood test is negative, so my gyne don't believe I am pregnant.
He did a pap smear on Friday, which caused me to bleed slightly, then when I met him again on Tuesday he insisted again that there is no way I can be pregnant despite all the symptoms, did another exam, and forced my vagina open to show me my cervix which is bleeding - which is caused by his first exam to begin with, I had not spotted for 2 months.

After that, I was bleeding - dark red blood mixed in with the (normal pregnancy clear) discharge. On Wednesday the bleeding got worse, and today (Thursday) I am literally dripping bright red blood, as well as mild cramping in my lower abdomen, right under the start of the bump. The blood is watered down and is not constant - sometimes clear dischage appears, but will be followed by blood again soon. I have to wear a pad to avoid staining my underwear and shorts, and I find small blood clots as well. Sitting at the toilet, I can drip enough blood for the water to be stained pink.

I know this is not my period. I dont know if I am miscarrying especially there isn't much pain. Help!!!

If your sure your pregnant like took pregnancy test that said positive or seen your baby on an ultrasound than you need to be seen any kind of bleeding during second trimester needs to be checked out whether there is pain or not...if you are indeed pregnant you could have placenta previa and you really need to be checked out. Go to the ER and tell them your pregnant and having lots of bleeding and they should give you and ultrasound which will show you one if you actually ARE pregnant and two it will show you whats going on with your baby.

If you havent gotten a positive test or and ultrasound done and dont actually KNOW your pregnant and just guessing based on your missed period i wanted to tell you i missed a period for 4 months as a teen and wasnt pregnant but i was too scared to test and i ended up having pregnancy symptoms cause i kept telling myself i must be pregnant i have to be....and i even started to grow a belly i was SURE i was but i really wasnt....a pregnancy test proved it.

My question to you, is why weren't you seeing an OB/GYN and why haven't you had an ultrasound if repeated tests show up negative? I just wouldn't assume pregnancy, I'd get confirmation. But if you are pregnant, bleeding after a cervix swab is normal. I had mine do that at 14 weeks. But seriously. Confirm your pregnancy, regardless if you have every symptom in the book. Some cancers can give these symptoms, some can be in your head, some can be a hormonal imbalance etc.

How do u know your pregnant wirhout hpt or ultrasound?

Pregnancy blood tests are very accurate and the chances of having a false positive are very slim. With no positive test or ultrasound it sounds a lot more like this may be a period after missing a few. It is normal to miss periods sometimes and sometimes when your convinced you are pregnant it can stop them. You said you are having other symptoms but these can happen while not pregnant too, it is possible with a psychosomatic pregnancy to even start seeing a bump form.

However it is a very good idea to go see your doctor for an ultrasound to confirm or dismiss a pregnancy.

A small amount of bleeding after a pap smear is normal though. I had an early labour test with my son and had a some bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->